Oil injection ports dt65

3ric

Seaman
Can the oil injection ports on a 1985 Suzuki dt65 be cleaned or replaced?

Motor is new to me and I don’t know it’s history, but was not running when I took ownership. I don’t think oil is getting to the crankcase. When I blew compressed air through the port on the #2 crankcase fitting, I can get air to blow out the fitting leading to the intake, which appeared to be slightly clogged but the air cleared it. but air does not seem to be going into the block when I cap off the fitting towards the intake.

I would like to make sure these ports are clean and oil is getting to the crankcase. Ideally I would like to replace the port fittings, but even if someone had a technique for cleaning them would be very helpful

I am speaking of the brass fitting that the pink tubes are leading to in the photo

Attachments

• C07F4240-D408-483D-B724-9803B593CB11.jpeg
    C07F4240-D408-483D-B724-9803B593CB11.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oil is not injected into the crankcase at that fitting, instead, a small puff of crankcase pressure during the power stroke comes OUT of that fitting to aid in delivery of the oil headed to the intake. The oil system on that motor is very reliable, if you disassemble any part of it insure that you run premix until you are certain that the system is bled of all air.

3ric

Seaman
Thank you very much for the response! That information is very helpful I would not have assumed that. I won’t mess with it then.

With that being said, I have cleaned/replaced all the check valves, replaced the lines, cleaned out the reservoir, replaced the oil filter, and cleaned and bled the pump, but it still barely pumps oil if at all. Is it time for a new (used because apparently they are out of production) oil pump?

P.S. I have been running the premix, as it really hasn’t worked at all yet.

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
With the throttle rod closed and at idle speeds, the pump moves oil at a very slow rate. There is a procedure in the shop manual for measuring its output into a graduated cylinder but most just mark the oil tank with tape, run 10 gal of gas and then measure how much oil it takes to refill to your mark. Depending on motor speed it should work out to around 50:1. Again, run premix until you get it checked out.

3ric

Seaman
With the throttle rod closed and at idle speeds, the pump moves oil at a very slow rate. There is a procedure in the shop manual for measuring its output into a graduated cylinder but most just mark the oil tank with tape, run 10 gal of gas and then measure how much oil it takes to refill to your mark. Depending on motor speed it should work out to around 50:1. Again, run premix until you get it checked out.
Will do, thanks!