Can it get any worse?

BillP

Captain
Re: Can it get any worse?

I'd give him the $100 and not look back. Just make sure the title is clean (lein written on title or not)and check if the seller's signature has to be stamped by a notary.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

This is better than reality TV! I can't wait for the outcome!

Moody Blue

Captain

My buddy is going to be armed which is probably a good idea although I'm uncomfortable around guns. I don't really want to get into a gunfight over a freakin' boat title, if you know what I mean
Are you kidding ? What does he plan to do with the gun ? Shoot the guy if he doesn't produce the title ? Are you willing to be involved in a shooting/death over a lousy $150.00 boat. Is he that afraid for his safety ? If so then don't go. Come on, there are way too many trigger happy members of society shooting people for the slightest reason.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I appreciate the concern and advice but the whole gun thing was a bit of a joke. It's not the seller that we're worried about it's that he lives in the inner city and I hope this doesn't sound racist but a couple of lilly white boys from the country driving through the 'hood is probably going to attract attention. I myself am not worried but I'm not so sure my buddy has been to Cleveland and he's a bit jittery about it. You guys are dead on about one thing: We're more than willing to throw $100 at a problem to make it go away.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

C'MON!!! The title holder was supposed to call us yesterday morning! Nothing. We left a message and he didn't return our calls. Same thing today! We're considering going to court to ask a judge to issue a court ordered title. I'm beginning to wish that we'd never driven by the d*** thing in the first place! :mad: :mad: :mad: <br /><br />EDIT: I apologize for my ranting but I've never run into anything this bureaucratic before in my life. Can we just have the title, pretty please?

ptrau

Cadet

You have obviously never been through a divorce. At least you have a CHANCE to keep your boat.

D

DJ

Here's a REAl lesson on being careful for who you vote for.<br /><br />A "nice" letter to your local State Representative, may be in order. They can make things happen. Been there-done that.