bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class
125485.jpg
<br />;
13536.jpg

Realgun

Commander
Re: transom progress pic

Bigbad please do us a favor and post you pictures on say a smaller scale. Also you may want to use the share a project and post a link. Nice work though but you gotta keep going till its done. :D

tommays

Admiral

sure you can what kind of camera do you have ?<br /><br />i havent see any digital that wont let you take smaller pictures in the options 640 x 480 makes a good size and lets you put mucho photos in memory<br /><br />tommays

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

its a kodak digital ds dc200..........i baught it at a garage sale at a 40 million dollar house ,,,for 5 dollars ,,,,,i baught a 128 meg mem card for it and there is no such menu option to change the photo size ,just better resulution ,brightness etc...,,,im sure if i realy screwed around with things say saved to photoshop or windows image then shrunk it ,then saved it then posted it etc it could be done anything can be done ,,,,,now that i answered and spent my time typing about that ,,,,let me see some of your pictures ,,,,,i accept people for who and what they are i dont go and try to change every one i think is having a 1 off moment....realy further america by helping another ...can we talk about boats now...

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

i posted this picture to help someone posibly who was getting ready to do the project ...try to get the visual input

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

adjust your picture size on your computer after you download it from your camera, before you send it to your pic hosting site. It's easy, most photo editing software has a resize picture option.

Bondo

Staff member

I bought a Kodak last year.....<br />The Kodak Easy-Share software Doesn't have a Resize option...........<br /><br />1 of the guys here turned me on to this resizer.... It works Great.... Trouble is,... All it does is Resize.....<br /> look Here............ <br /><br />Another 1 is Picasa2 from Google....It's a Great Tool for Total Photo Management.... I like it better, but don't have the link handy to go download it..... I think SBN might have been who turned Me on to it.............<br /><br />Good Luck,...... With Both the Transom,+ the Photos.........

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

REALY IM THINKING IM DOING GOOD EVEN SPENDING MY TIME POSTING A PHOTO ,,,,I DO WORK YA KNOW......ITS NOT A MATTER OF DIS RESPECTING ANYONE ,,,IT ALL JUST TAKES AN EXTRA STEP OF TIME ........

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

WinXP has an image resizer option as well, offered through Microsoft for FREE.<br />ImageResizer.exe<br />521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps<br /><br />2 minutes to download, 1 minute to install it.<br />All you need to do to resize an image is to right click, and select your preferred size. Tkes only a second. Smaller images make everyone's life easier, especially for those member's who are on a dial-up system, or paying a premium for bandwidth usage.<br /><br />You mentioned "helping one another".... help other's by making your images smaller.<br /><br />Back to the boats.... <br /><br />How's the progress on the transom?

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

cant you see the dam photo ....the photo isnt evan all that big ,,,some picky people ,,,and to say the helping people by resizing photo ,,,,,,give me a break...

Crappie_Fan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No need to get all hasty about it, the reason in re-sizing the pic is so that people with dial up connection will be able to see the progress you have made, as well as thoughs with broadband connections. Each one of those photos are 2.84 meg bitmaps. For a person on 56k dial up, that could take close to 10 mins a picture to download, most likely it will just timeout and then they wont be able to see anything. No one is bashing you, just trying to give tips to help everyone. :)

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

well i have dialup and it took a couple minutes to download but hey i have dialup and expect it,,,,,,,,,,,,one thing i noticed is ...if you have a crudy computer and set the screen resulution to only 600x 800 or so it looks big ,,,,,,,,,,but if you got anything decent and crank the screen reulution like i have your picture will look smaller ,,,,there thats my two cents on that .............try cranking your screen resulution for the pics to look smaller ,,,,,,,,cause evan after adding that resizing thing from the above post ,,it says my pics are as small as they can get for the resizing soft ware ,,,,,,,,,now i know i could do a bunch of stuff and resize it but it would take min for each pic............imnot running for any office...........so you can always right click on the square and say show pic if you have dialup

Crappie_Fan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not sure what file your checking that is 328 kb, but I right clicked the second pictures posted and save to my pc and right clicked again and properties and got this. BTW the reason the files are so large as in megs, is because the bitmaps, there always large like that. As far as your picture being big in shape, its not bad for me since I use a large resolution anyways, but others may have to scroll to see it all. But back to subject good job and keep the pics coming, I like post with pictures there worth a 1000 words. :D <br />
size.jpg

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok how do you do screen shots again and then post them in to the box i forgot ctrl w or somthin

Crappie_Fan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just did a print screen and croped the picture and save it as a jpeg. You can use paint if you dont have photoshop, or some other photo program.

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

if you edit your pics with irfanview, as tink mentioned, you can save them as JPEG instead of BMP files. has excelent compresion and saves heaps of time on upload and download to your pichost site.<br /><br />p.s. 4cyl, we work too, no-one is picking on you. we all know how frustrating it can be sometimes. we are all here for the same reason though, to help fellow boaters.