Vanco info

dshair

Cadet
I am new to this forum and have searched here and on the net for any info on this boat. I sorta inherited a 1976 Vanco w/ 1976 merc 850 (boat hin VAC16040M76G) from a buddy. Since I have found no other info other than on the uscg site showing the company existed a few years in the mid 70's, I was wondering if anybody out there has heard of this boat or seen photos. Mine is a 16' trihull with open bow and outboard. I am just starting to get around to ripping up the floor, it was getting a bit too soft. I have found the stringers don't seem to have any glass on them and the center had shifted. Also the front of the floor had no protection, but the back 2/3 was glassed in. Thanks :D

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Vanco info

searched thru the coast guard site and couldn,t find any thing (sorry) but keep us posted on the the restore everyone here loves floor rot. do a search on this site on the skanky beast jasonj has restored his and has some great info.

dshair

Cadet
Re: Vanco info

I had found this link some time ago http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=VAC <br />My boat was made by first company and the address on the manufacture plate matches the database. Looks like they were in business from 72-77, but that is all I have ever found. Figure somebody out there might have owned one of these. P.S. have been following posts on the beast for inspiration. Thanks