Iveco marine engine 750 turbo 2yrs old

margie

Cadet
oil line to gear box has come away while at sea.<br />Is it safe to run engine oil to substitute until back in?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Iveco marine engine 750 turbo 2yrs old

what gearbox is it ?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

and what engine oil are you going to put in it? and is the leak repaired ?

margie

Cadet

(I'VE JUST FOUND THIS SITE AND AM LOOKING ON BEHALF OF MY HUSBAND!) GEARBOX IS 350ZF.<br />HE'S CLAMPED THE BREAK AND IS MOVING..SLOWLY..HAS BEEN TOLD ENGINE OIL WON'T HARM ANYTHING IF 'GO SLOW' MODE APPLIES. VESSEL IS A 50FOOT 'WESTCOASTER' 20 ODD TONS. HE SAID HE WILL FLUSH IT WHEN HE GETS IN. IS ABOUT 50KMS OFFSHORE

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

sorry I fell asleep on ya. yes engine oil will work ok in that box. if run at speed it may foam some and spit out the vent. tell him I am thinking on him. ben there and done that myself<br /> single engine ops are no fun but its better than no engine opererations.

margie

Cadet

Thanks for your help! He got in at 2 in the morning (laughing and joking..ha ha) not a happy boy!<br />Hoses were supposed to hold 'easy' 500psi and were only supposedly going through 300odd in boat..but both hoses either side split through!<br />Off to get these teflon/stainless braided things that never give up...!!..where have I heard that before?...<br />See Ya!