Rough cost to re-stitch all vinyl seats?

colossus0706

Cadet
We just bought our new (never titled) 2007 Tahoe Q4 which has sat outside in the sun and rain for 3 years. We took it out for the first couple of times this past week and basically every seat came unstitched. The vinyl basically looks new, as it should, but I guess the stitching took a UV beating the last couple of years.

Just wondering how much it will cost to restitch the entire boat... boat seats are configured just like the one in the attached picture... two bow cushions and backs, drivers seat, back-to-back passenger seat that folds out flat, and then two seats with backs on both sides of the motor.

Just looking for a rough estimate for keeping the vinyl but restitching everything.

f_45312605_1.jpeg

colossus0706

Cadet
Re: Rough cost to re-stitch all vinyl seats?

A local upholstery company went and looked at the boat... said they would restitch all of the seams (but no decorative top-stitching) for $425. Does that seem fair?

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander

If their is more than one upholstery shop in town ask them and tell them that the other one could do it for 425. Make them be competitive to get your business.

IMHO 425 is not that bad to redo all of the seats. Its time consuming to pull all of the old stitching out opposed to just stitching all new pieces together...

I got a quote from a local shop that wants 600 bucks just to put new vinyl on my sun deck...

Texas Parrothead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

+1 to what Alpheus said.

$425 sounds pretty reasonable but you might be able to work a better deal making them compete for the business.

xxxflhrci

Chief Petty Officer

Saw the same thing with an new, untitled year or two old Tahoe at Bass Pro in Myrtle Beach last year. No cover and the stitching was rotting out. The sunshine also sure had done a number on the red stripe on the boat. It was faded pink.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Slow down...put in a warranty claim..If the boat has never been titled..I am 99% sure you are intitled to warranty service..Why well they are bound by warranty laws...very simple stuff

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

x2 on what tailgunner said

wow only 3 years and the stitching is garbage?
our boat has 29 year old stitching, it has been in california for about 26 years and about 3 years in the desert....still holding up strong....

Tahoe must use some inferior threading....jeez. Bass Pro sells those Tahoe boats here in Vegas...they sure look nice....

Good luck!

colossus0706

Cadet

I called Tracker Marine/Tahoe and they asked me to send in pictures of the seats for them to review.

We've owned the boat for less than two weeks and it's unfortunate all of the seats are falling apart. I can't use the boat until this is fixed. Hopefully they will honor their warranty and take care of this!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

if they dont accept the warranty claim.

check around for upholstery shops....prices can vary greatly.
there is a company here that is doing b2b loungers for 50 bux a cushion, that is 200 a seat.
there is far more stiching on b2b's than a single