Unexpectedly Bacheloring it Tonight

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer
Got home from a 9 hr. shift. Was running late this morning, got no breakfast. Realized that I forgot my wallet, so no lunch, and couldn't hit Wendy's on the way home.

Get home, and find out that wifey had to go visit her sister, and won't be back till late. Fter all these years of marriage, I was afraid that I had forgotten how to cook anything. How did I survive before wife?

Went rooting around the pantry and came up with a can of good ol' Hormel chile (with beef). Was heating it up and I spotted a new bag of doritos on the counter. Hmmmm....

Took wife's good corning ware, and spread half of the bag of Doritos in the bottom. Poured the now hot chile on top of it, and even topped it off with all of the cheese I could find in the fridge.

I actually, then, took the time to bake it for a little while, to get the cheese all melty. I was quite proud of that awfully gooie, tasety mess. I just had to celebrate with desrt. I melted about half of a coffee cup of peanut butter, and as I type this, I am dipping my Hershey bar into it. And I don't care how much of a mess I make.

Ohhh.. I can feel the hormonal balance shifting in my house.

Now I can settle in and watch whatever movie..I want to watch.
I have "Death Hunt (lee marvin & charles bronson)", "Jeremiah Johnson", "Uncommon Valour" and "Outlaw Josey Wales" on DVD.

Any Votes? Or maybe I will try to watch them all, til I fall asleep.

Edit: Ohh..Just found a copy of "The Great Escape"

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Unexpectedly Bacheloring it Tonight

Tell the wife you had chocolate and chili .......with a desert of peanut butter and doritos.:eek:...... she will never leave you alone....... I would have ordered take out or had something delivered :D

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

After chilli and cheese doritos I don't think he's gonna have to tell her he cooked for himself :eek::D
I think the aroma that he will be emitting will speek for it self:D

tswiczko

Forgot.... Jeremiah Johnson is number one on my list, number two would be Chisum

Bill Kilgore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gotta go with Outlaw Josey Wales, but hey I like a lotta movies without much talkin'.

With the wife out and you being the king of the land, you aren't typing this stuff in your underwear are you? That kinda makes me uncomfortable...just sayin' :p:p:p

Be sure to leave the vent fan above the stove running on high, then, when she asks, reply "No baby I had no problems at all"

Summer Fun

Banned

you aren't typing this stuff in your underwear are you? That kinda makes me uncomfortable...just sayin' :p:p:p
Bill, Thats a SCARY thought right there !!. :eek:. . :D

tswiczko

With the wife out and you being the king of the land, you aren't typing this stuff in your underwear are you? That kinda makes me uncomfortable...just sayin' :p:p:p

I think I need a shower after hearing that EWWWW

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You're supposed to wear underwear to type here? :confused:
EWWWWW!!!!!

Kinda funny , my mother started me cooking when I was a young lad, Mrs. M prefers my cooking to anyone elses......but the beans and cheese still sound tasty KRH!

KRH1326

Chief Petty Officer

I was wearing a "Boomhauer" tiger striped bannana hammock. :p

No, I was wearing sweatpants. I needed something to wipe my fingers off, and the napkins are all the way back in the kitchen.:D But in my humble opinion, being a boxer guy, it is still OK to surf the forums in boxers. Tightie whities are just right out.

I watched Death Hunt, then Josey Wales. I fell asleep watching The Great Escape.

Thankfully, I hid all of the romotes before I fell asleep. So wife couldn't change it when she got home. I woke up when she came to bed, so I was able to put the next one in, and watch most of it before crashing again.

She tried to protest, claiming "shennanigans", and that I gave up the rights to control the remotes when I fell asleep, but being a little gassy, from my gourmet dinner, I was able to keep her at bay.

I know that I am going to pay for this, but it was worth it.

LadyFish

Admiral

It's nice to know that men will not starve to death in the absense of their better half despite their cooking abilities.;)

With a meal like that I'm sure you were grabbing for the Tums and Gas-X later on. LOL

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class

Although your dinner and movie sound very enjoyable and relaxing I would like to throw this in for your next bachelor opportunity.

Drive directly to HOOTERS!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I know that I am going to pay for this, but it was worth it.
Did you clean that disgusting mess you made in the pan?:eek::D:D

If it wasn't for "bachelor" nights, all married men would problably
go..........:confused::eek::p

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

I always keep a nice big ol venison steak in the freezer for those occasions.

And Jeremiah Johnson would have been my first pick!

kei9th

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sounds like what you cooked yourself would lead you to a early grave, thank the lord for your wife.