16 SS splish splash--- PHOTOS IN ALBUM

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Took the 16 SS I restored to a local lake today and had a 1-1/2 hour test on the water. Prior to launching a fellow came from nowhere and said is that a Starcraft SS seems he had one some time ago and was real inpressed with how mine looked. Made my day, the boat hadeled like a dream and the 50 hp Johnson ran like a new one. Plenty fast for me and I like fast boats. Had no speedo or GPS but It doesn't matter Its very fast. took on a bit ogfwater, to my dismay, but believe I need to redo the motor mounting bolts, they seemed sloppy when installed and I do not think I sealed them well enough. It would take a hurricanr to get water thru the hull ,what with all the sealer and coats of paint. All the work has finally paid off now for a run with photos which a guy in Everett Wa will help me get posted Thanks to the forum for the advise and encourgment. Puget Sound.. And no I don't think I would take it out in the open water of the Pacific, I have the 22 Holiday for that. I POSTED SOME CURRENT FINISHED PHOTOS IN MY PHOTO ALBEM I THINK

Last edited:

Mntom

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 16 SS splish splash

Re: 16 SS splish splash

I have a 16' SS too and I know I sure like the boat!! Congrats on a successful outing!!

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 16 SS splish splash--- PHOTOS IN ALBUM

Way to go Puget, glad the first outing was a success, but where is your album?
Glen

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Great news PS. Glad everything worked well.
I don?t see any downriggers on your boat.
What?s up with that? (Kidding I know that what the 21s for);)

You can check out PS album by clicking on his name and going to his profile
Or follow this link. http://forums.iboats.com/album.php?albumid=17

GLG

Huron Angler

Admiral

Nice work Ed, glad to hear you splashed the old girl. I checked out your photos and your work on the dash panels is very nice.

These 16' SuperSports are fun little boats, now I need a 22' myself like you for the best of both worlds.:D

Mike

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Way to go Puget, glad the first outing was a success, but where is your album?
Glen

click on my name in the title of the post and then go to the right andscroll down to Album it should come up as others have seen them.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice! that boat has come a long way.......

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great job Ed! She really looks good and I am glad to here that she runs good for ya as well.

Darren