1959 Alumacraft FDR-Restomod

yamaha71

Cadet
Finally got some pictures of the FDR. I still have a little work to do on the white side pendants and some new decals to put on.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0591.jpg
    IMG_0591.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 0

yamaha71

Cadet
Re: 1959 Alumacraft FDR-Restomod

Also looking for some of the original lights and maybe the factory cover if anyone has any.
Thanks David

coolbikeguy

Chief Petty Officer

TOTALLY COOL ...... looks great. CBG

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is one purty boat!

bananaboater

Ensign

Nice ride. Love that long covered bow. Any video of it underway?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Did you paint the red? If so what did you use, looks close to the red Lund uses and I've been looking for something close.

yamaha71

Cadet

Thanks for the comments. The original bow and dash were cut open to allow access to the front half of the boat by the previous owner. I bought a sheet of aluminum and replicated the bow and left side of the dash as best I could. I had some left over aluminum so I made a hatch to cover the area behind the back seat. The color is from a vintage Roll-o-flex snowmobile I restored. The description for the color was Poly wine metallic but I dont have the code anymore. I just happened to have a quart left and it matched the color of the boat and interior when I bought it. Dont have any video clips-maybe next week.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Excellent work...score one for the classic boat restorers:D

You saved that thing from relative obscurity and she's now a showroom quality gem, way to go:)

That Evinrude is a nice piece of machinery, haven't seen many of that vintage.(EDIT...it looks like a newer OB with a custom cowling design after a second glance, nice work:).

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Sa-Weet! Nice work all the way around. How fast will she go?

yamaha71

Cadet

ill check the speed this weekend with GPS, Im testing a few different props and also testing motor location. I might move the fuel tank and battery up front to balance it out a bit.
Thanks David

yamaha71

Cadet

Pulls a two person tube pretty well. Kids had a blast but didnt get to test top speed. Added a cup holder, a tachometer and got the pendant stripes repainted and new decals on. One more go round on the aluminum polishing and a fresh coat of wax and it will be a finished project. would polishing the bottom make less drag on the water. Pick up a couple MPH's?