Nissan 18hp 2005 4 stroke Questions

MVFD-430HD

Recruit
Hi!

Noobie here! I did search but did not find anything quite like my oil issue...

1. I have a 430HD inflatable and with the flatbed trailer I have, I need to remove the motor when I trailer. I have a Dolphin anti-cav late on it and after it is stored on it's side for a while, it leaks oil out of the water intake on the LUnit. Is there a problem or too much oil in the crank?
2. I would like to run a propguard on this unit. But I would need to run an 11 inch unit. They recommend running a larger diameter prop (up to 10.5 vs. 9.25). Can I used a turning point prop with the correct 14 spine hub kit?
3. The 18 and 20 HP nissains look to be the same displacement. I saw that the 25/30 conversion can be done. What would be needed for the upgrade? (the 430HD is rated to 40hp). I pull the kids on a tube and would like just that little more umph....
Thanks! I can split these if one takes on a life of it's own...:redface:

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Nissan 18hp 2005 4 stroke Questions

1) The problem is that the fin is allowing the lower unit to be to high. The power-head must be higher than the lower unit at all times.

2)"They recommend running a larger diameter prop (up to 10.5 vs. 9.25)" Who is they? Anyone who recommends a larger diameter prop needs to be looked at carefully as prop selection is NOT based on diameter.

3) Completely different engine.

MVFD-430HD

Recruit

"To obtain optimal performance out of your motor with the Prop Guard? installed, you may need to change your propeller diameter"

This is on their website....

I can go to a Piranha 10"x9x3, stock prop is 9.25x9x3....

Diameter should fit without clearance issues.

I thought the 2005 18 HP was 351cc, common with the 15 HP. The new 20 HP shows as 351cc also.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Okay...You are misinterpeting what they are telling you. What they mean is that if the dimeter of the existing propeller is to large to fit the cage of the prop guard you would have to go to a prop with a smaller diameter.