tahoe Q4 fish/ski question???????

jsmorley81

Recruit
Im a new boat buyer, and im really looking into buying a tahoe Q4 fish and ski boat. I havent really found any good reviews on this boat. I wondering if any owners of this boat can give me a little info on the pros and cons for the boat. any help would be appericated... Thanks

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: tahoe Q4 fish/ski question???????

I looked at these quite a bit a few months ago. In 2008, they changed the boat, but kept the name. Prior to 2008, it was 19.5 feet, available with either the 3.0 or 4.3 motor. After, it was downsized to 18 feet, and only with the 3.0 liter motor.

Another thing to consider is Tahoe's quality. I've heard it's not so great, but no first hand knowledge. I have also heard Bass Pro's customer service is pretty bad, so that might play into you decision.

If you are anything like me, you found the Tahoe because it's one of the most popular. There are Ski&Fish models from many others. Might want to take a look at Sea Ray, Four Winns, and Glasstron to name a few. Then there are also Fish&Ski models (more oriented towards fishing) from Procraft, Nitro, Triton, Skeeter, etc. Lastly, if interested in a true 50/50 split, might want to look into some of the ones from Alumacraft, Crestliner, and Triumph.

Lots of choices, just don't want to see you limit yourself to Tahoe unless you have a particular one already lined up. Good luck and feel free to post more questions when you start looking at them.

BeaufortTJustice

Petty Officer 1st Class

Take this with a grain of salt b/c I do not have any firsthand experience with a Tahoe product, but...

a lot of people on here consider Tahoe to be lower down on the food chain...

however, some will argue (myself included), that even a "lower end" boat can serve your purposes well for many years, if taken care of.

Since you are buying new, hopefully any quality issues will be worked out while under warranty, which is where a company's customer service reputation is key...which I do not know anything about Tahoe's CS, sorry. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Stay within your budget and don't forget to account for maintenance costs and you will enjoy yourself.

Just my opinion...take it or leave it.

Mordekai

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im a new boat buyer, and im really looking into buying a tahoe Q4 fish and ski boat. I havent really found any good reviews on this boat. I wondering if any owners of this boat can give me a little info on the pros and cons for the boat. any help would be appericated... Thanks

I was in your shoes about 6 weeks ago, there's a few review videos on boattest.com but that's about it.

After pounding the pavement for a month, we just got ours 2 weeks ago from a local tracker marine dealer, not bass pro shop. As for the quality issues, I have found a lose cup holder and that's about it. The internet always have it detractors, I'm not defending tahoe's rep I just recommend you go to your local dealers and check it out.

The boat runs great, the ski locker is massive, and I love the simple quick disconnect for winterizing/draining water out of the block. The swing away tongue is also great if you're looking to park it in your garage (it didn't fit ours by inches anyway).

We just finished a 70 miles run around beaver lake yesterday, starting from the bottom up to the dam and back, the boat burned 15 gallons, starting out with full fuel, 2 adults, and also an extra 5 gallons of gas in an extra tank just in case since this is as far as we've gone.

The hull is prone to porpoising as the q4 are known for but since we have smart tabs (60lbs version, $109 here on iboat).

Here's a few mods that I consider necessary to make this boat more enjoyable:

12v Plugin on the starboard side for gps.
Smart Tabs Sx-60
Blue Sea Add a battery kit