BoatUS- a good deal?

gozierdt

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking at insurance for my new Sea Ray. I'm looking at both BoatUS and State Farm (my insurance carrier for cars and house). Is BoatUS a better deal, given that they offer the towing and trailering insurance?

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: BoatUS- a good deal?

try Progressive, they have a good reputation and rates.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got quotes from both BoatUS and Progressive, and I liked the coverage options and price better from Progressive. They've always given me great service too. I recently called to remove my old boat from the policy since I had sold it. Forgot to call them for about three weeks after the sale, but without even asking, she made the effective date back to when I sold the boat and gave me a credit for that time. They also helped me get the best coverage for the lowest price on my new boat. It almost felt like they were working for me rather than Progressive to get me the best deal. Haven't had to file a claim yet, but so far very happy with them.

truckermatt

Petty Officer 1st Class

another thumbs up for Prgressive. i have them for my boat i love them.... i filed a cliam ($1600) 3 weeks after in got the policy last year, and this years premium when down $75.00 when i renewed..

Thinking about switching my truck from gieco to progressive also.

Brewman61

Ensign

I've been with Progressive for over 10 years. I can't find anyone with better rates, and their service is impressive to me. I have our cars, trucks, boat and motorcycyle with them and have been very satisfied.

sltintexas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check with boatus and see if your lake is set up for a towing service.

My home lake wasn't and I called on a whim after paying them for years for the service. They said my lake didn't have a towing service and they would basically just call the local sherrif and report it. If they didn't come get me they would call and pester them.

Don't make the towing service your deal breaker with out checking out what the service includes.