Wont go above 10mph

proline23

Cadet
I have a 1993 yamaha 200txrr. I put the boat in the water. warm the engine, it runs great. I head off to the the reef after about 10miles the engine starts to slow down to about 10mph the throttle is still at wot. I drove it about a mile or so more and fished. I came back same thing 10mph for 4-5miles then all the sudden the engine came alive 40mph all the way back.
The fuel filter on the boat was new 4months ago so i took it off and dumped it out found no water no trash so i put it back. I checked the filter on the engine in was clean, i checked the fuel pump diaphragm no leaks in good cond.. The plugs are also new 4months ago and rebuilt carbs then.
I took it out again same thing happened again but this time i never got any speed back the whole way back.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wont go above 10mph

200TRXX
200 horse power
T is trim and tillt
R is remote control
X is 25" shaft
the next X is 1999 year model.
what do you actually have?

proline23

Cadet

I looked at the id plate on the motor .Sorry it is a 200txrr.

proline23

Cadet

is it possible that it is over heating or thinks its over heating and retarding the timing

proline23

Cadet

Does any one know how to tell if the engine oil injection pump is putting out the correct amount of 2cycle oil? How do you calibrate it?
I ran the engine in a 55gal drum trying to duplicate the problem on land. It didnt work to well the water in the drum got to hot and wouldnt cool the engine properly. I noticed the drum had what i thaught was a lot of oil on the sides after draining it. The engine ran for about 30-45 min in the drum before the heat alarm went off.
Please help.

proline23

Cadet

I figured it out on my own. I replaced the fuel pump diaphragms. problem resolved. I guess it was flooding out on 2cycle oil.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

it was flooding on fuel or could not get enough.
either way continured running once its trying to tell you its sick is a very good way to destroy a powerhead.
the oiling system is entirely independant of the fuel system.

proline23

Cadet

As i stated before it did not have enough fuel, and where were you 4 months ago the only input you have had is useless. I am aware that the oil system is seperate from the fuel. Thanks for all the help!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

You also said you checked the fuel pump and was not a problem. "i checked the fuel pump diaphragm no leaks in good cond.."
It is hard to figure some of this out if what you say is not correct