merc 3.0 140 2 barrel ((HELP))

Hello got a few issues im looking for insight on for the weekend. I have a 92 3.0 mercruiser alpha 1 gen 2 with est ign. First the boat wants to cut out when giving full throttle and then accelerates great. I have to keep boat idle around 1100 rpm. If i turn down idle screw to 800rpm when warm it will not restart when cold, i have to turn it back up to start. Choke, butterfly seems to be working correctly. I set the choke to one notch to the right of center notch, and mixture screw is turn out 1 1/4 turns timing is set to 1deg btdc. . Im not sure how to set anything else on carb. Any info would be great....

zbnutcase

Commander
Re: merc 3.0 140 2 barrel ((HELP))

Has the boat been sitting for a period of time? How fresh is the gas?
It could well need a carb rebuild. When was last tune-up?

Flyin1500

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: merc 3.0 140 2 barrel ((HELP))

. First the boat wants to cut out when giving full throttle and then accelerates great.

I had the same problem and it was the accelerator pump in the carb. Get a friend and take the flame arrestor off , with the engine off, and see if you can see a stream of fuel going into the carb when you pump the throttle. If not that's your problem...and I'm guessing it's your starting issue as well....I have to pump my throttle three times to get it to fire....if your pump is out...that would make it tougher to start I think.