lost spark, help help help

chestercheese

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hello people
please please can someone help me? just fire'd up my chrysler 9.9hp model 921 serial number 1693, started up lovely, then as soon as it started to pump water it died, lost all spark to both plugs, i only just picked this outboard up the other day and did't get any history with it, try'd to start and nothing, so i stripped the carb and cleaned, started up first time, just to fine it was'nt pumping any water, got the leg off cleaned all pipe work and done impeller, started first time and just as it started to spit water out it died, have i done something wrong???? is there any stupid earthing faults with these? or is it major,
thanks for your time and any help would be greatfull

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: lost spark, help help help

Hello, Chester.

First, you need to post your problem in the correct forum. This is the Johnson & Evinrude Forum. Your Chrysler is neither of those. I will move this to the Chrysler Forum.

Next, you need to tell something about your problem, rather than whining "help". If you didn't need help you wouldn't be posting here. We know you want help. Change the title of this to: Chrysler 9.9 lost spark.

Good luck.