older boat specifications

xirwinite

Recruit
Hey, I have been looking for my boat online. Only thing i've found is who made it. I have a 26ft 1980 Caribbean Cruser made by Catalina Boat mfg co from orange county california. From what im told, very few were made. I did see the exact same boat in powell last year but he didn't know much about them. Can anyone help me out??

Attachments

• MY BOAT 002.jpg
    MY BOAT 002.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: older boat specifications

A 30 yr old boat....... please have a survey done.

Welcome to iboats.

Please do not be blinded by exterior appearance when all the trouble may be in the engine bay and below the deck ;)

xirwinite

Recruit

Thanks, Im wondering if anyone knows more of this boat. I bought it in havasu 5 yrs ago and ever since i've been looking online about it. Here is a pic of its twin

Attachments

• May Powell 08 031.jpg
    May Powell 08 031.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0

grumpy67

Cadet

I have a 1978 Caribbean 26' day cruiser here in Jacksonville, Fl. It has the skiff windshield and 2 Merc 260 IO's. I have owned it for 10 years and also have found little info on them. I had to do the transom last year and the boat has been a work in progress. Next is a paint job. Sorry i do not have any pics. My computer took a dump and we lost all our pics. Yours looks really good. Good Luck.

xirwinite

Recruit

Wow, Two engines ??? What kind of outdrives ? I have a merc 888. Also please post a pic of yours ... I need to see how 2 engines fit???

grumpy67

Cadet

Motors are Mercruiser 350's. Original paperwork says it was special ordered with twins. There is enough room between them to change plugs etc. without standing on your head. I now have some pics but can't figure out to download to this site ??? My grandson and I have had 58.5 MPH on the GPS with 3/4 tank of gas. Can anybody help this old dinosaur get pics from My Pics to here. Not very computer savvy.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Can anybody help this old dinosaur get pics from My Pics to here. Not very computer savvy.

You've gotta use a photo hosting site like Photobucket.
It's free and pretty easy to figure out. Hell, I did it and I'm not too bright! :D

I think there's a sticky about how to do it somewhere in this forum.
Good luck!

xirwinite

Recruit

Your pics on your puter. Start a new message, Click on the paperclip above in fonts , Click on Browse and find your pic to upload.........

grumpy67

Cadet

I managed to get some pics into my profile. Maybe you can see them there?

dereklee

Recruit

Hey, I have been looking for my boat online. Only thing i've found is who made it. I have a 26ft 1980 Caribbean Cruser made by Catalina Boat mfg co from orange county california. From what im told, very few were made. I did see the exact same boat in powell last year but he didn't know much about them. Can anyone help me out??

I have a 1978 21ft Caribbean Empress made by Catalina Boat Mfg as well when they were making jet boats at 1130 WEST TRENTON ORANGE, CA. It is hard to find information about these boats. My hull ID code starts with CUE and that is the only way I was able to look up the manufacturer. I am really happy with this boat. It is a great family boat and ski boat. I bought it in Orem, UT in 2003 and I brought it back to Anaheim, CA.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

That is a pretty sweet looking boat, but a single 5.0 might not push it very well.