...and she's finally in the driveway!

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ...and she's finally in the driveway!

I HATE ORANGE!!!!

DSCF0790-1.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh296/rodgertolliver/DSCF0797.jpg

Seriously though, AWESOME BOAT!
That would look pretty sweet being towed with my motorcycle in the bed of a nice orange Avalanche or Ram

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluegills Unlimited

Petty Officer 3rd Class

So far, all I can tell you for sure is that she's fun to sit in, in the driveway, and listen to music while drinking beer. ;)

Sometimes, in rare occasions, this is actually more fun than being on the water!. Kidding, but very very nice boat, love the color and how CLEAN it is

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

oooh, purdy boat.

So far, all I can tell you for sure is that she's fun to sit in, in the driveway, and listen to music while drinking beer. ;)

...did you also turn the steering wheel and make "vroom vroom" noises? ;)

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Isn't that mandatory? ;)

So, tonight is the second 1/2 of the safety course.

I just called BoatUS and paid $185 for a year's insurance.

Now, I just need the time to hit the water!

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

...and I passed the safety course with flying colors. Took the multi-choice test in about 1/2 the time as the next person and missed 4 out of 60. I always figure, on tests, I either know it or I don't...no use dwelling on answers I probably don't have.

Our safety course was in a local bar/catering hall. They served beer if you wanted it. So, we got there at 6:30 and had a beer. Took a break to eat at 8 and had another beer. We had one final celebratory beer right before we left the bar and then drove home.

The place is out in the middle of nowhere, and we were driving home a long and lonesome road. I saw a car coming the other way and noticed it was a police officer as they passed. Then, I noticed they immediately put on their brakes as they passed. Dang. I looked down to see how fast I was going (5 under the limit...deer were everywhere) and noticed the high beams were on. Double dang.

So, he whips a u-turn and comes up behind me. My foot is shaking on the pedal and I'm doing math in my head.

Ok, you burn off a beer an hour, we were there for 3.5 hrs, I had 3 beers...I should be good, right? I hope I'm good. No, I have to be good. Oh damn, there go the lights.

I pull over, go to find my paperwork (wife's car, so I don't really keep up on it...although I try). license...check...reg...check...insurance...09...triple damn.

He asks for the paperwork, I explain the insurance. He doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. He grabs his radio and says, "I'm going to need another car here." Quadrupledamn!

"Sir, can you please step out of the car?"

"Uhm, sure, sir. Might I ask what I was doing?"

"Well, you almost blinded me when you passed and when I turned around I noticed your license plate marker light was burned out." MEGADAMN!

Anyway, he goes on to ask if I was drinking, I explained the situation, the time, probably way too much information for him. He asked if I had eaten, I told him about the nachos and the potato skins, he asked if that was it, I told him they were nachos grande because they were pretty big. Anyway, I do the follow the pen with the eyes thing and then he goes over the standing on one foot and counting one-one-thousands.

So, I ask him to repeat, so I get the right foot and all. About eleven-one-thousand I start getting a little shaky and wonder how far we'll go.

By fifteen-one-thousand I'm thinking that the next step will probably be the alphabet backwards and so I start worrying about that.

At seventeen-one-thousand he says, "Ok, that's enough. You can go."

I'm baffled. "Go?"

"Yeah, you seem fine to me. Please just get that paperwork in order and fix that light."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir."

I get back in the car and drive home the rest of the way. Would I have passed the breath-a-lizer? I don't know. I don't want to know. Lesson learned, point taken.

The whole time, too, I was just thinking about how that would have been the end of boating. I would probably have had to sell my new, never even driven boat to pay for the legal fees, and even if I didn't, I'm sure my boating license would have been yanked, too.

But...I passed the test with flying colors and am hoping to go out this weekend...beer will stay home. ;)

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Whoa nelly......what a story. Glad it worked out for you as it did. Not passing judgment here by any means (been there, done that) but I have to admit what strikes me is......boat safety class, safety exam, serving beer......seems like an oxymoron to me! Again, want to be clear - I am NOT casting stones at YOU (I'd have to duck for all the ones coming back at me!!). As I already posted above someplace.....enjoy your new boat, it's great looking and congrats on passing the tests......both the safety and the sobriety......take care!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If beaming people makes you a DUI suspect I don't know how my dad ever gets anywhere at night.

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those are made about 30 minutes from my house. They're nice boats, I'm sure you're going to enjoy the heck out of it. Now go ahead and put a few scratches on it to get it out of the way. :p

GXL205 Deke

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Smokin` looking boat. congrats.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Nice boat. I like the freeboard on that for an 18 footer. Looks like you got just about everything but the SS package. I'd think you can get a couple seasons at least until you scratch it.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Nice boat. I like the freeboard on that for an 18 footer. Looks like you got just about everything but the SS package. I'd think you can get a couple seasons at least until you scratch it.

If by SS you mean stainless steel, it's got the ss package. Features the recessed ss cleats and the ss cupholders...think that might be it, actually... ;)

But, I'm guessing you meant a super sport type of package.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I got out twice this weekend.

Friday afternoon I left work early, as did my neighbor, so we could go break her in.

We get to the Bordentown dock and there is no girl there selling passes. There is, however, a city cop there. I realize I forgot my registration card at home. Strike 1.

Jay, my neighbor, goes to talk to the cop and the cop comes walking over. He says there's nobody there to sell us the ticket, but he'd gladly run to the police station and pick it up for us. I tell him about the registration and he laughs and points to the front of the boat.

"It's right there on your boat."

So, I write him a check for an annual pass and he leaves.

It's just about that time that I realize the keys were with the registration. DOH!

So, I take a 1.45 hr drive home and back (construction on the highway made it take 2x as long) and come back with the keys.

The water is too cold to swim (49 degrees), but the boat runs nice. I take it up to 4200 rpm one time and we're running 48 on Jay's GPS. Sweet.

Then on Saturday I take the wife out. This time we have no issues, she helped me on/off the trailer and off the dock and we had a great time. Slacktide on the Delaware that day though was like an obstacle course...debris EVERYWHERE. Big and small.

That day my speedometer quit working. Second trip out...though I'd make it further without problems. ;)

Ah well...was still a great weekend!

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well...even with a few bumps, sounds like a good splashdown for ya S!!! :D

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Those are made about 30 minutes from my house. They're nice boats, I'm sure you're going to enjoy the heck out of it. Now go ahead and put a few scratches on it to get it out of the way. :p

ahahaha...good one !

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Friday afternoon I left work early, as did my neighbor, so we could go break her in.

We get to the Bordentown dock and there is no girl there selling passes. There is, however, a city cop there. I realize I forgot my registration card at home. Strike 1.

Jay, my neighbor, goes to talk to the cop and the cop comes walking over. He says there's nobody there to sell us the ticket, but he'd gladly run to the police station and pick it up for us. I tell him about the registration and he laughs and points to the front of the boat.

It's just about that time that I realize the keys were with the registration. DOH!

So, I take a 1.45 hr drive home and back (construction on the highway made it take 2x as long) and come back with the keys.

The water is too cold to swim (49 degrees), but the boat runs nice. I take it up to 4200 rpm one time and we're running 48 on Jay's GPS. Sweet.

Then on Saturday I take the wife out. This time we have no issues, she helped me on/off the trailer and off the dock and we had a great time. Slacktide on the Delaware that day though was like an obstacle course...debris EVERYWHERE. Big and small.

That day my speedometer quit working. Second trip out...though I'd make it further without problems. ;)

check and see if your speedo orifice did not get plugged by all the debris....I boat the Delaware (launch at Linden Ave. public ramp) and I know what you mean about debris...worse after big storms....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Oh did that bring back memories :D This was the original post that started the Stupid Human Tricks Section of the forum and it has a familiar ring to it!! http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=37757

Oh the beauty of being human!! :D:p

jkust

Rear Admiral

Wow 48 at 4200. That must hit 52 easily at max rpm's.

Thajeffski

Master Chief Petty Officer

Wow, 1 hour and 45 mins to drive back??

I forgot my keys the other day, called my mother and asked her to bring them down, 10 mins later I was on my way out! :)