Four Winns fuel capacity??

V4 Johnson

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can anyone tell me what the fuel capacity is for my boat.

It is a 1984 Four Winns Marquise 170 outboard. The fuel gauge seems to have a gremlin and I'd like to know about what the capacity is before I go and run it dry somewhere I don't want to be. :redface:

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Four Winns fuel capacity??

Go to the Four Winns official site and find the "past product info" link. You can download the original catalog and manual for your boat including the capacities.

Oops, I just looked and noticed it only goes back to 1986. Sorry.

Last edited:

V4 Johnson

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Oops, I just looked and noticed it only goes back to 1986. Sorry.

Thanks for the try. ;)

I have found that a fellow's pretty much S.O.L. with finding info on an older Four Winns. Even from the people that made them. :mad:

I can see ceasing to stock parts for a 26 year old boat. But, I mean.......really.........how much more of a burden on their system could it be to have older owner's manuals in a corner of their server somewhere????

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the try. ;)

I have found that a fellow's pretty much S.O.L. with finding info on an older Four Winns. Even from the people that made them. :mad:

I can see ceasing to stock parts for a 26 year old boat. But, I mean.......really.........how much more of a burden on their system could it be to have older owner's manuals in a corner of their server somewhere????

First, you youngsters :) need to remember that the web hasn't been in the mainstream for all that long, and it's a big task to make all that old info accessible online. Second, brand names change hands all the time- new owners may or may not buy rights to all that old stuff, or be interested in maintaining it.

The Chris-Craft brand has been around for 135 years. Mine was built while they were owned by OMC. Their web site doesn't even have a link to past models.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

V4 Johnson

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My blindness/stupidity. :redface:

Thanks for the point in the right direction fellers. ;)