only one exhaust port water coming out

kylake254

Seaman Apprentice
first i think the two holes on the back of motor that water comes out are the exhaust port?my problem is only had water coming out of one of them.these are the two holes that when the thermostats open water comes out them?now have put new water pump & housing, & new thermostats.pee hole water is now coming out great.but still when motor warms up there is water only coming out one of the exhaust port holes.:confused:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: only one exhaust port water coming out

OK so what motor ???
They are relief ports. Have you checked for a blockage in the one that is giving the issue ???

mitchell6

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Are you sure you got both lines hooked back up?

kylake254

Seaman Apprentice

sorry that would help.1978 115hp envinrude.

kylake254

Seaman Apprentice

took thermostats out & checked holes they are not clogged.started motor to make sure water was coming out of heads it flows out great.then took hose put on relife hole that had no water coming out of it.i figured that the water then would come up the hole were thermostats goes,but no luck.seemed like the water just kept on going in to mid-section.does the hole mid-section fill with water?this was done with muffs on motor.should i test in lake running?i did put new water pump & housing on could i have screwed something up putting lower end back on?:confused: