Replacement boat seats

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all. I have been looking for new replacement seats. for my 23' cuddy it originally had the captians chair. port side the back to back lounge.
the lounge had to go. frame rot and old vinal it found its way to retirement last fall. after a lot of searching. have narrowed to a new lounge from Overtons. $209.00 plus tax $23.99 shipping and minus 15% promotional.
product #72067. does any one have an opinion on this product?
I also price Quality checked "I-Boats, Bass pro shop, Ebay. Wise and just about every one else before concidering this item. Thanks for your input RJWoodrome

yfzjim

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Replacement boat seats

I second Veada. they make alot of oem seats. Check your local dealer too. I picked up a set from my dealer last week. They are brand new captains seats with flip up bolsters, they were made by Veada for a Hurricane deck boat. got them both for a steal.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

My only recommendation is not to get one with the standard 10" high base. Way too low accept for smaller run abouts...your passenger will feel like they are sitting on the floor and not be able to see out the windshield....look for at least a 16" base which is going to eliminate many mfgs.

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea the 10" bases would be way too low. but didnt see any others. the search continues...although I could build a 16" base with a side access. use the old one as a model.. they do have marine grade vinyl at the local fabric store. its on sale 40% off. Thank you..

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

Checked Veada's site they look great. alse they are pricing themselves out as a contender. I didnt mention the boat was an 86 with a 470, im afraid to invest too much $$. lol sorry but the origional querry was for the overton seats mod#72067 if anyone had any opinions. although I have been reconcidering waiting a little longer for the "Veada" units.

10thHawk

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have an older set of back to backs from overtons that came with my boat.Not your particular model number though. I dont have any complaints with them. Going to replace them this year, as i really dont like the style and after reading this thread and looking at Veada I'll be going there. I really like the many color options and doesnt seem much more expensive.

rjwoodrome

Petty Officer 1st Class

After more looking at the veada. you can increase the height of the base to 12" the old ones were 16". Also there color choices are endless. I noticed that they offer just the lounge seats without the base...Hummm... the vinyl is still on sale. For an Electrician. Im a hellofa good carpinter too :cool:

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

if only i woulda known about that veada site 2 years ago...wow. some nice stuff, and the color options are great. I re-did mine with some family help, and the vinyl alone was almost $300 for port/starboard back to backs.