Dash Panels 2000 Sprint

hutch1096

Recruit
If this isn't posted in the right spot I apologize, but my excuse is, I'm new here! Anyways, I have a 2000 Sprint 221 Fiberglass bass boat. They quit making these in 2001 I think? I NEED new dash panels for the boat. The main ones on the console where the gauges are located as well as the two on each side of the steering wheel where switches are located. I also need the panel that goes up front where the trolling motor plugs in etc. I'm SURE there wasn't a dash panel company exclusive to Sprint Boats and there's likely another boat in the same year with the same panels that's still being made today. Does anyone have knowledge of this or an idea of how I can replace these dash panels? I would be open to getting something custom made for it but have NO clue where to start?!?!? ANY help would be GREAT! THANKS!!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dash Panels 2000 Sprint

I gotta say.....that sure doesn't sound like a part you're likely to be able to find. Got any pics?

hutch1096

Recruit

No pics available right this minute. But I'm sure there was a company that made dash panels for several different boats but had the same dimensions for the dash! And thanks BondO, that was enlightening.....obviously I'm here for HELP, and I've never "built" them myself before, if I ahd I wouldn't need them now?!?!?! Care to enlighten me MORE and tell me what material to use? How I go about mounting them etc?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

No pics available right this minute. But I'm sure there was a company that made dash panels for several different boats but had the same dimensions for the dash! And thanks BondO, that was enlightening.....obviously I'm here for HELP, and I've never "built" them myself before, if I ahd I wouldn't need them now?!?!?! Care to enlighten me MORE and tell me what material to use? How I go about mounting them etc?

Bond-o isn't trying to be crass (it just comes naturally :p) We've both been around here long enough to know just how hard it is to try to find ANY model-specific boat parts. Windshields and dashboards are the worst. If you can provide us with some pictures we certainly will attempt to come up with some solutions. Chances are good that not one person here knows what a Sprint bass boat looks like. There have been hundreds and hundreds of manufacturers over the years with many different models most being redesigned every other year or so with NO spare parts produced or stored. http://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ is a good place to try as they have overrun OEM parts from a number of manufacturers.

SRT8

Cadet

Go to Marinemarks.com They can make what you need

Thanks for the site hope they can replace my starcraft dash anyone here have any experiance with this company I would imagine this will be very expensive but I think it would be worth every penny to have a carbon fiber dash with brushed metal inserts.BTW sorry for the hijack:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Considering they are spammers who I just banned from the site....I wouldn't rush right out to do business with them.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I vote the make your own as well, materials can be whatever you want it to look like. Wood, aluminum, lexan, plex, kevlar, carbon fiber, make them out of fiberglass, etc. Finding exactly what you need will be a needle in a haystack, but you may get lucky. If it were the difference in goin boatin or not I would make something to get me by and continue the search WHILE I'm using the boat. Try a plastics shop, metal fabricator, carpenter, fiberglass shop etc. Or try it yourself a few afternoons work and some $ in hole saws and drill bits and a bit of material you may surprise yourself. Make cardboard templates measure carefully layout carefully and go for it.

SRT8

Cadet

Lol I noticed that after I posted the ?