Has Anybody Painted their boat Fighting Lady Yellow??

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
It feels like spring today, so I want to order the boat paint. Has anybody Painted their boat Interlux Perfection Fighting Lady Yellow, my wife and I are trying to decide on a color for our one boat project. If anybody has good pictures of their boat painted with it please can you post for us to look at ? That would be much appreciated

Damifudo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Has Anybody Painted their boat Fighting Lady Yellow??

Its a very common color of painted boats in the marina. I have seen a few and although I like it. It was a bit too common of a color for me. I painted the red perfection but my boat was already a orange color so I was use to bright colors. I loved how the perfection turned out on my boat. Make sure you get the primer too and all the other things that makes this a very expenisive paint. LOL

basstracker219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

its very common. looks like an off white with alittle yellow.

basstracker219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i really like it.

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats the front-runner for my project right now as well... it just looks classic. I'm sure that you have already seen this pic, but here is a link to one that comes up on a google image search of someones boat:

http://robx-7.nopistons.com/d/735-1/panel+004.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks Damifudo & basstracker219 for your input, The boat was my FIL I am trying to keep it as original looking as possible for my wife and MIL its for my 73 Cruiser, gotta keep the woman happy :D

Thats the front-runner for my project right now as well... it just looks classic. I'm sure that you have already seen this pic, but here is a link to one that comes up on a google image search of someones boat:

http://robx-7.nopistons.com/d/735-1/panel+004.jpg

Hey SBTOM, Thanks for the pic its perfect. I have tried to photograph the color in the past but it never came out the same. I am gonna show it to wifey and MIL . I am thinking doing the fighting lady for the hull and white or off white or for the cap, deck etc..

redfury

Commander

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of that color per se, but it depends on the boat it is going on. I think that color, with appropriate amounts of brightwork would look sharp and classy...on the right boat.

Which boat is it going on?

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I like the color, but I'm not sure how well fighting lady yellow will go with a seeing red wife trying to lay some ball busting blues on my over spending lily white @zs :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Kenny, I have a secret to mine not getting crazy on me with my spending I just don't tell her how much :D . No but seriously, I sold a bunch of stuff on e-bay and that's the money I am using for the boat. Right now I have my motorcycle for sale too, it should bring another $5000 in for play money :D

Hey Red, The color is OK, Its going on the 73 Cruiser Restore in my signature. The only reason I am going with it is because it looks close to the original although I was thinking of painting the cap,helm,deck etc white. I told her if she wanted it to be just like when her dad had it I would have to put back the rotten stringers,deck, transom etc :eek: She didn't find that funny Oh Well lol

My Sea Gem project I buffed out the Gel Coat this weekend and its looking good so the only paint she is going to get is in the bilge after I glass in the new motor mounts. I got real lucky with her, the foam is even dry :) so most of the money for her is going into a killer 383 engine build. The only reason the mount went bad is they failed to 4200 the bolts and water rotted the top part of the mount.

drewpster

Commander

The Fighting Lady.....yep its yellow. A little darker in person though. This is Interlux Perfection paint.

perfect1.jpg

My favorite shot. Shows a little shine.

perfect2.jpg

Nice rear end too.

perfect3.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Drew , There's the photo's I have been looking for, I knew one of my pals here painted that color, I just couldn't remember who, must be old age setting in lol . I'm gonna e-mail a link for MIL to see, she has the final say :eek: Lol

Thanks
Bill

drewpster

Commander

True. You must always have the boss's approval. I like this color with a cream or off white. Looks reealy good. This is the boat I based the color on.

Key West Marina several years ago.

KeyWest2006024.jpg

Love a sportfish!

SBTOM

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sweeeeeeeeeet

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks to everyone for posting their pics, opinions and such. Just figured I'd let you all know that after all this, them going back and forth with colors, wanting it to be as close to when her dad was alive and fishing on her.

Well after going round and round for a week they FINALLY agreed, hope your sitting down ? WHITE :eek: Yep plain old White I just cant win, now I am faced with do I comply or try to sway them to at least a beige
Women you can't live with them and you can't- edit-edit-edit ;) boy oh boy Lol

redfury

Commander

Hey, don't worry too much....you have any idea of how many different versions of white there is out there? :eek::eek::eek: Gotta get some color on the boat somewhere though, otherwise you'll have to paint a thin black line around the boat and put a barcode on the transom and call it the SS Generic.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

... Women you can't live with them and you can't- edit-edit-edit ;) boy oh boy Lol

Sure ya can edit-edit-edit, as long as they're not mean and nasty brawlers like mine :eek::D

Now tell the truth...you don't care what color they choose, you'd just like more time for 'priorities" while they decide....you rascal you...just like the rest of us ball & chain dragger's..LOL