First Glastron 19?? / Model ??

cichlid56175

Cadet
380[1].JPG

I just bought this Glastron from an old timer.
He had the boat stored in his barn.
He started the motor every year fro the past 10 years.
He had the floor replaced.
The interior seating does not look original.
Anyway I am picking it up on Saturday (with the paperwork).
I intend to restore the interior, any advice ?
Also he was not sure of the year (1967-1972 ?) I believe it is a V142.

Any comments or advice ?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Attachments

• 381[1].JPG
    381[1].JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: First Glastron 19?? / Model ??

Just looking at it i would guess the 60's....

180shabah

Rear Admiral

How long has it been out of the barn and in the weather?

cichlid56175

Cadet

I asked the old guy and he said his son pulled it out right after New Years day 2010.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

That's the tri-hull V145 Fireflite. Note the grab bars at the stern seats. They only made them (the boat model) for a couple of years around 1970. I had one and it was a piece of work--great little boat, but very rough riding in wakes and waves. I put full custom canvas on mine. It is the model that went into the swimming pool in James Bond "Live and Let Die."
It should have rolled and tucked cener arrow in the deck in the same color and material as the interior. It should also have two fake (decal) "vents" on each side of the deck arrow. Originally there was no stern seat, only two fold out lounges up front. It was rated for 60 Horsepower.

When I traded mine for a 15 foot V153, a couple of jerks stole a 100 Merc and hung it on the back. They were caught by police before the title transfer went through, so the cops showed up at my house thinking the boat was stolen too. I was on a cruise to Canada and it puzzled and scared my parents. I wish I still had that boat!

Edit: By the way, the windshield does not look stock. The original although a wrap-around, had "squared" raked back edges.

mike343

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks like early 70's, a lot like the appearance of our firsr boat, a V187 Swinger. Also the Johnson OB looks a lot like our 135 in general.