Tire pressure sensors for trailer tires?

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Alot of the newer cars and trucks have a tire pressure monitor system. I was wondering if anything like that exsists for trailers.

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tire pressure sensors for trailer tires?

There out there, here is one site

http://www.tirepressuremonitor.com/

kinda of expensive, but typically i check the pressure before i leave and periodically while im driving but the farthest ramp for me is like 20miles or so..

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

you can get screw on indicators at a parts store.... they have a clear plastic cap and show a red mark is the pressure gets low..... easily seen just walking by

Josh P

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have also seen aftermarket systems for cars i dont see why they wouldn't work i would just google it dont remeber where i saw it but i know i have.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That seems like a great idea!
I would want the best one possible, as the system in our Toyota is just an idiot light. As in it has turned me into an idiot by my ignoring it now when it comes on, as it does on a nearly daily basis despite the attempted repairs by the dealer.
A visual inspection with these systems is still needed, but if used properly I could see the advantage of additional safety and potential long term savings, despite the high initial cost.
I would want live pressure monitoring, not just a warning light , which the above linked system has.

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

The one on my car, is just an idiot lite they are desined to come on i belive when there is 6lbs or so of pressure difference in the tires. Ours comes on when its cold outside and ones the tires warm up the light goes off.

Mi duckdown

Commander

WHY? Been driving Trucks, cars, with and without trailers for over 40 years.
Just inflate your tires to the appropriate PSI and Roll.:rolleyes:

kamby

Petty Officer 1st Class

WHY? Been driving Trucks, cars, with and without trailers for over 40 years.
Just inflate your tires to the appropriate PSI and Roll.:rolleyes:

I agree with that. I do like the lil green caps though i had some on a cherokee kinda nice and there not too expensive. Whats a decent tire guage 5 bucks at the most. would rather save the $395 for fishing gear and gas which is on the rise here