Interior almost done

dozerII

Admiral
Here are a few photos of the new interior on the SS160 I used Office magazine holdlers under the left side counsel to hold my Plano tackle boxes. Camlock storage hatches on the the front cating deck infront of and behind the pedestal seat. The flooring for the whole project is DekMaster vinyl.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1853.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1853.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Resize of IMGP1858.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1858.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Resize of IMGP1862.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1862.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Resize of IMGP1863.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1863.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Resize of IMGP1859.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1859.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Interior almost done

D-2 Really know how to make another Starcraft owner feel really helpless. VERY nice.

motorpsykler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, that looks really nice. I was considering putting carpet on the top of my gunwales all the way around, because of the million holes I would have to fill. Now that I see it done on yours, I think I will do it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I was considering putting carpet on the top of my gunwales all the way around, because of the million holes I would have to fill. Now that I see it done on yours, I think I will do it.

I think if you're going to go the covering it up route......the marine vinyl like dozer's got on his floor would be even better. Overton's has it in a bunch of colors.

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

That looks like it was done very well..... Only downfall I see is the carpet, although it looks well done just don't like carpet in a boat. I would have used the DekMaster vinyl there too.

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks for all the great comments everyone. The carpet on gunwales was already there and in great shape so I left it, the same with in the side compartments in the gunwales. My thoughts were to put vinyl on top where the carpet is but anything you set down on the gunwale stays put on the carpet but slides around on the vinyl. The vinyl was 74" wide and I used 34feet of it to do verything you see in the photos. The DekMaster glue is very bad for fumes and very expensive, and does not want to cure on aluminum or non porous surfaces, I used it on the last boat I did and was stoned for a week after, even with ventalation. This time I used regular contact cement on the areas where the vinyl was glued to aluminum and Latex contact cement on the wood area.

sherburn

Recruit

Here are a few photos of the new interior on the SS160 I used Office magazine holdlers under the left side counsel to hold my Plano tackle boxes. Camlock storage hatches on the the front cating deck infront of and behind the pedestal seat. The flooring for the whole project is DekMaster vinyl.

Wow dozer,looks very very good.hope that new set up brings you lots of luck fishing this yearand I hope some of tht luck rubs off on me.great job dozer,you do wonderful work.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Sweet, you just gave me a bunch of ideas. Your boat looks great, nice work there!!

motorpsykler

Petty Officer 1st Class

My thoughts were to put vinyl on top where the carpet is but anything you set down on the gunwale stays put on the carpet but slides around on the vinyl.

This is my thought as well. My boat is a trailer boat that is stored indoors. I definately can see a preference for vinyl on a docked boat or one stored outside.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Excellent work dozer:D Looks like what I want my rig to look like;)

dozerII

Admiral

Thanks again everyone for the great comments and compliments. It's way to cold to work out in the garage this week, so I'm busy making my new convertable top. It is quite a job, as it is my first one, plus i am modifying the shape somewhat from the old one to cover more of the stern. I will post some pics when it is done.
Glen

cleangreen73

Recruit

Looks Great! I have a 73 16' SS that I want to add a fish box in the floor of the boat. It looks like you have done something similar to yours. Was there a existing hole there or did you do that your self? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
jh

dozerII

Admiral

Cleangreen 73, Thanks for the comments. The boat had a live well at the front where the big hatch is, but it leaked for a long time and rotted the whole floor. The two hatchs I have now are just for storage, and the compartment you see in the center of the boat is a ski locker, and is only about 5 inches deep. Because of the damage the live well did I decided not to put one back in. I am just going to use a cooler with a 12 volt airater.

Glen

Fastwin548

Seaman Apprentice

Dozer-

looks professional. I was on the fence with paint or vinyl on th floor of the islander. You've made up my mind.....thanks.

Fastwin

cleangreen73

Recruit

Is the 5" depth using most of the room or was there a little extra space down there. I live in Oregon and some of our nookers could need a little more breathing room lol. I was aloso wondering if there are any tutorials on breaking down the interior of the boat to replace the vinyl.

Thanks again,
jh

dozerII

Admiral

Fastwin 548 Thanks for the compliments, I had the vinyl in my last boat and it is real easy to keep clean. One of my fishing buddies drinks coffee with sugar and flavorer and spills it every time he catches a fish, at the end of the weekend I just hose it out.
Cleangreen 73 The bottom of the ski locker is right on top of the aluminum stringer in the bottom of the boat, so you can't go any deeper, the bottom of the stock ski locker was made out of real cheap plywood that had totaly disintecrated so I replaced it with 3/16 aluminum good forever. Probably the best place for instruction on replacing the deck would be one of the restoration threads like Ezombies
Glen

Kainon

Chief Petty Officer

Hows the Vinyl on the knees ?? does it leave an impression ? is it bumpy ? alot or little texture ?

thanks