Prayer request

mphy98

Lieutenant
Today in Burlington a little boy was playing by the Fox river by the ice. He had on boots and a snowsuit. It is only 15 degrees out here now. It has been over 3 hours and no sign of him, his older brother is in my daughters 3rd grade class. He is in heaven now, and could use your prayers for the family. Thank you, Bob

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Prayer request

sorry to hear about that, It will be hard on the kids especially.
rob

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

Likewise, prayers sent, we hope all ends well and he is found.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Done, and now prayers for his family and friends too.

Body of Missing Boy Recovered
By Tom Murray and the WTMJ News Team

BURLINGTON - Divers have found the body of a seven-year-old boy who fell through thin ice.

Slade Allen Baker's father, Matt, says the boy was a second-grader at St. John's Lutheran School in Burlington.

Dive teams found his caramel-colored snowpants a few feet below the surface of the Fox River at about 10:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

His body was discovered about 20 feet from where he was last seen, where the Fox and White Rivers meet at a place where the ice is described to be thin and unpredictable.

Police say Slade fell through the river while sledding with his eight-year-old brother and a friend at about 4:00 p.m. on Monday.

Witnesses say he walked out onto thin ice and fell in.

Neighbor Romayne Larson tried to save him.

"I went on the bridge with these straps thinking he would be able to grab a hold of them but they weren't long enough," said Larson.

"I kept yelling at him to swim, swim towards shore, and he would try but he would go under."

Rescue crews spent hours underwater Monday evening. The Air One helicopter searched with a spot light from above.

mikastorm

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Such a sad thing. My prayers are with all who are hurting. God be with them..

paulspaddle

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Parents should never out live their children. :(

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Tell young Slade's parents that a candle will be lit for him in New Orleans tonight.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

So Sad. Our hearts and prayers are with the family.

HANGEYE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

mphy98

Lieutenant

My daughter dosen't understand it yet, she thinks he will still be ok, that he is such a strong kicker (they play kickball together at the school) that he will be sitting on the shore waiting for his mother to come pick him up, I cried when she told me that, and said to her no the lord has taken him home, I told her that he must be very special to him because he wanted him home early. She still thinks he will be in school tomorrow. Slades brother is in her class, and I had just chaperoned a trip to the Milwaukee Public museum with him just last month. I have a heavy heart for the family. I just pray none of you have to go through this. Thank you, bob

aspeck

Staff member

Prayers are being sent for you, your family, and the family of the 7 year old boy.

cribber

Lieutenant

My condolences and prayers go out to the Baker family for their loss. Please take this moment to explain to your children the dangers of walking on ice unsupervised.