Problems with a Yamaha T50TRC

todd_p

Cadet
I just purchased this engine and I dont know how long it has sat this is what I have done so far changed plugs and fuel water seperator, oil and filter I have pumped out all the old fuel in the tank and put in fresh fuel, checked compression, and coil output both good and have taken carbs off twice and totally clean them out and now this is the problem I am running into once its started it has a bad miss and you can pull the plug wires off the bottom two cylinders and it doesnt effect the way the motor is running it appears the two bottom cylinders are getting way to much fuel to them and yes there is spark at both cylinders. My next step is to order all new O rings for the carbs any suggestions what else I should look at?

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Problems with a Yamaha T50TRC

check for bad fuel pump, may be sucking lots of gas into crankcase causing very rich mixture and missing. see if plugs are very wet with fuel. Good Luck!

todd_p

Cadet

Already replaced fuel pump both bottom plugs are wet with fuel like they are not firing

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Carb kits contain the o-ring/ gaskets and new needle and seats along with new floats.

Buy a manual for your motor It will give you all the specs. for coils and everything else to test.

Check your compression and spark on all cylinders if they are in speck then work on the carbs again. Could be float out of adjustment, needle and seat leaking by, or maybe the prime start enrichment system if you have one.

todd_p

Cadet

compression and spark are to spec that is why I am hoping the carb rebuilding kit will work