BBQ recipe, with pics!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Okay, so I said we should start a recipe/ boat cookbook on here. if this is the wrong section, go ahead and move it. heres some of what I have come up with, thats awesome, easy to cook, and you can eat it with your fingers:

August09beholdpics035.jpg

Thats just some cheap Chuck eye steak from super walmart. It comes in a pack of 2 steaks usually. I cut it up in finger-size strips, about 1"x1", maybe a lil bigger. Marinade the night before in a ziplock bag with 1/2 bottle Lawrys sesame/ginger, or italian herb steak. rub it in every now and then. in the morning, throw the bag in the top of the cooler, break it out when your ready to grill. after its cooked and cooled a lil, guests can enjoy with their hands instead of messing with utensils and all that, but you still get to eat good and stay on a budget.

the sausage is Sams Club Mozzarella and garlic spices or something like that. came out fantastic. just thought i would share. I found out last trip that greasy things like italian sausage dont fare too well with cooking, and eating on the boat. the grill flares up alot, and people make a mess with it eating lol.

Bilgamesh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: BBQ recipe, with pics!

You're gonna think its nuts, but this little treat is one I came up with on the Atkins diet:

Spicy pork rinds and garden vegetable cream cheese...exquisite!

Fattening as h*ll though if you are not on Atkins.

LIQUID PROZAC

Petty Officer 1st Class

alright redone--you are gonna make my wife madder-n-h-ll at me but i gotta get one of those too that looks like that does not suck at all:D

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

You're gonna think its nuts, but this little treat is one I came up with on the Atkins diet:

Spicy pork rinds and garden vegetable cream cheese...exquisite!

Fattening as h*ll though if you are not on Atkins.

thats not nuts, i NEED to get back on the atkins, and start dropping a few 50 pounds or so :eek:

Treker57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

New here, we just bought a 2000 21' Tracker Party barge (2000 50 hp Merc) from a retired couple (covered slip it's whole life) who said they have only used it to go to church Sundays(LOL). All kidding aside the boat was extremely well taken care of the only problem I can find is that it runs a bit rough in the 1700-2500 rpm range and since the carbs haven't been serviced that is probably the problem. have the trailer here to replace the carpet on the boards and check the wheel bearings, then back down to Smith Mountain Lake to pull the boat and go over it with a fine tooth comb, redo the carbs (manual on way) replace the impeller and water pump. Maybe a new prop as the one on does a few nicks not bad but they are there. If you guys can think of something else I should check by all means tell me, forgot gonna clean the fuel tank also, have replaced all the fuel lines and will probably have to flush them after the carbs are done. But by all means there should be a cooking spot also as Marina food starts to remind me of Truck Stop grub in a very short time

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

But by all means there should be a cooking spot also as Marina food starts to remind me of Truck Stop grub in a very short time

do you mean on your boat, or at the marina?:confused:

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

heres some of what I have come up with, thats awesome, easy to cook, and you can eat it with your fingers:
OH uhh did I mention that I was going to be in your home town next weekend?? Uhh so what are we having??:D

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

OH uhh did I mention that I was going to be in your home town next weekend?? Uhh so what are we having??:D

hit me up if ur comin here next weekend lol. As a matter of fact, I will be on the boat friday!

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer

New here, we just bought a 2000 21' Tracker Party barge (2000 50 hp Merc) from a retired couple (covered slip it's whole life) who said they have only used it to go to church Sundays(LOL). All kidding aside the boat was extremely well taken care of the only problem I can find is that it runs a bit rough in the 1700-2500 rpm range and since the carbs haven't been serviced that is probably the problem. have the trailer here to replace the carpet on the boards and check the wheel bearings, then back down to Smith Mountain Lake to pull the boat and go over it with a fine tooth comb, redo the carbs (manual on way) replace the impeller and water pump. Maybe a new prop as the one on does a few nicks not bad but they are there. If you guys can think of something else I should check by all means tell me, forgot gonna clean the fuel tank also, have replaced all the fuel lines and will probably have to flush them after the carbs are done. But by all means there should be a cooking spot also as Marina food starts to remind me of Truck Stop grub in a very short time

do you mean on your boat, or at the marina?:confused:

Here on IBOATS:D

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Here's one I did when I was on vacation with the family on a lake a couple weeks ago. I was within sight of my docked boat at the time...does that count, or does it have to be recipes you cooked ON the boat?

I marinaded a pork loin (the filet mignon of the pig :D) in Coca-Cola, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little vegetable oil overnight, then I cooked it on a Smoky Joe (like a miniature Weber kettle grill) at a real low temperature for 2 hours, throwing soaked hickory chips on the coals every now and then for smoking. I only had coals on one side of the grill and put the pork loin on the no-coal side-- no direct heat.

Turned out AWESOME :cool:

Treker57

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sounds like a good one, what did you have as sides?

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like a good one, what did you have as sides?

Corn, I cooked on another, gas grill right in the husk (just remove the silk). Two schools of thought on that-- some like to remove the husk and get the corn nice and brown and grilled. Some like to steam-cook the corn in the husk. I just leave it in the husk because it's easier that way :D

Potatoes-- i chopped 'em into 1/2 inch cubes, chop up an onion, wrap it all nice and tight in foil with some oil, little bit of vinegar, garlic powder, salt pepper. Cook it on HIGH heat to brown them potatoes good. If I do it on coals, I throw the foil package right on the coals after the flame stops but before the coals are ready for the meat. On gas, I just turn it up as high as she goes. Turn it over a couple times.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Here's one I did when I was on vacation with the family on a lake a couple weeks ago. I was within sight of my docked boat at the time...does that count, or does it have to be recipes you cooked ON the boat?

I marinaded a pork loin (the filet mignon of the pig :D) in Coca-Cola, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little vegetable oil overnight, then I cooked it on a Smoky Joe (like a miniature Weber kettle grill) at a real low temperature for 2 hours, throwing soaked hickory chips on the coals every now and then for smoking. I only had coals on one side of the grill and put the pork loin on the no-coal side-- no direct heat.

Turned out AWESOME :cool:

that sounds awesome! Ive heard of marinating in pepsi or coca cola but Ive never tried it. pork loin is great, especially if it was smoked too. hmm.....Ill keep that one in mind...

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Marinades are nice but don't forget about dry rubs either. My personal favorite for beef is garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika power, seasoning salt and ground black pepper. Sprinkled on in that order on both sides. Takes a bit of practice to get just the right taste but is quick, easy and tastes yummy.

tallcanadian

Captain

I take my corn out of the husk, wrap it in foil with a slap of butter and some salt. Put on the bbq and keep turning it for 10 or so minutes..tastes some yummy.

Hey SuzukiChopper, good to see you around. Doing much fishing?

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

I lovel making ribs, and everybody loves when I make them too! People flock for miles, and I have friends I never knew I had. I make my own sauce, but it is pretty spicy, my ingredients call for two jalapenos!:eek: The smell of that brings people out of the woodworks. I guess that old saying "never trust a skinny chef" applies to me. People who haven't seen me in a while always greet me with "Wow, you've put on some weight!":mad: I would like to reply with "oh, that's nice, screw you too!" Well, they sure don't mind when I'm cooking!! I am the designated cook at all the events.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I lovel making ribs, and everybody loves when I make them too! People flock for miles, and I have friends I never knew I had. I make my own sauce, but it is pretty spicy, my ingredients call for two jalapenos!:eek: The smell of that brings people out of the woodworks. I guess that old saying "never trust a skinny chef" applies to me. People who haven't seen me in a while always greet me with "Wow, you've put on some weight!":mad: I would like to reply with "oh, that's nice, screw you too!" Well, they sure don't mind when I'm cooking!! I am the designated cook at all the events.

That's great and all to hear what a fantastic bbq chef you are, but this thread is about bbq RECIPES. So give it up! Here, I'll get you started: :)

ShaneCarroll's Spicy Rib "Cure for Skinny" Recipe

Ingredients:
2 jalapeno peppers
????

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Barbecue isn't a recipe, it's a process.

Abbreviated:
I'm old school. I rub the butts with salt & pepper, smoke 'em to 195-200 internal, pull 'em, and eat on a plain white bun with sauce made from vinegar, salt, and ground red pepper, maybe a touch of all-spice; western NC style.

Anything cooked less than an hour ain't barbecued, it's grilled.