no spark # 2 cylinder 86 125 hp

elsgrandpa

Recruit
have no spark on # 2 cylinder have done the following test please help wife wants to sell switched stator wires switched out cd modules unhooked kill circuit wires unhooked rectifier put on new trigger assembly switched leads around on cd and problem moved did i get a bad trigger or are both cd modules bad please any ideas would be appreciated i did notice today that the flywheel magnet was loose on one side i am going to reglue it tomorrow but could this be the my whole problem was told this would affect all cylinders not just one

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: no spark # 2 cylinder 86 125 hp

Flywheel magnet would affect all cylinders. You have the strip magnet that goes all the way around the flywheel correct?

You mentioned that you switched the leads around on the CD module and the problem moved. Exactly which leads did you move?

elsgrandpa

Recruit

flywheel magnet as a split in it.i switched the lead wires from the trigger from # 2 cylinder to # 1 cylinder and # 2 would fire and # 1 would not so i think stator is ok and cd modules are ok but not sure about trigger but that seems ok.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Sounds like a bad trigger. If you moved the trigger wires, and the problem also moved, that would indicate a bad trigger.

You can check the resistance of the coils in the trigger for each cylinder with an Ohm meter. They should read about 52 ohms between the leads for each cylinder. If you read nothing, then either the trigger itself is bad, or the wire is broken. If you have a piece of black heat shrink tubing at the end of the trigger wire right at the spade lug connector, double check to make sure that the wire is not broken inside the black tubing. You can't see the break unless you strip back the tubing.

I wouldn't worry too much about the magnet just yet other than re-gluing it. One problem at a time.

elsgrandpa

Recruit

had this same problem before i bought new trigger did i get a bad trigger the guy i got it from sent me one that had the two plugs on the end he told me i could cut those out and wire them with the fork connections like mine is setup did he do me right or can you not do this he also told me it didn't matter which set of wires went to which coils as long as the same 4 wires from the plug stay together and you hook up wires to the corresponding colors so if i was to switch the four wires from 1 &2 to 3 & 4 i would be back to where i started that is no spark on #4 before i bought the trigger assembly really lost from here can't afford to take to mechanic wife would kick my butt.

elsgrandpa

Recruit

Have decided with some help that i got a bad used trigger even the guy that sold it to me agrees so sending it back today and back on the hunt for another one.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

What are the chances of that happening!