Oil Change Pump & Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

justchange

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Oil Change Pump & Oil

Lots of good suggestions here. My question concerns my OMC 140 with GM 4 cyl. It has the dipstick and also a really narrow tube going to a fitting on the bottom backside of the oil pan.

Is it posible that I'm expectd to put a tube into this overly small hole and suck the oil out?

skargo

Banned

I don't think my dipstick tube has threads. I notice some of you screw fittings on to it???

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer

my tube on my 120 is small too so i tried brake line tubing on pump but it took for ever then i went to double bags.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think my dipstick tube has threads. I notice some of you screw fittings on to it???

Here's what I use. The suction tube is rigid plastic and doesn't need any threads. Works great.
BTW- if you buy one, spend the extra moola and get the reversing pump with switch. Makes emptying the old oil a snap!

oilchanger.jpg

justchange

Petty Officer 1st Class

my tube on my 120 is small too so i tried brake line tubing on pump but it took for ever then i went to double bags.

I may try the brake line thing. I changed oil for the first time a week ago. I know, I know, but it only had about 5 hours on it last year. I bought one of the hand pump/ dippstick suction things at TSC. Once I got the air leaks out, it worked well. It measure as taking out 4 quarts. Which should have been correct since the filter held about 1 quart. [I made sure the tank measurement was correct buy filling the empty 4 quart oil jug.]

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

i use 2 trash bags works awesome,alot faster then pump or hose and you can let it drain all day if you want . cheap and highly recomended . For once or twice a year bags are great.

And then you just toss it in the garbage huh? ;) I just pour mine down the drain!
toothlessgiggler.gif

I use the Moeller pump and a pan drain hose. The end of the hose is clamped to my port riser. ...(left, for those of you in Rio Linda)

15 strokes of the pump and it's empty.....Hot or cold. I don't spill a drop! I used to use the trash bag method....one day, I caught it on something sharp........ (you know the rest)

I cannot say what oil I use. It's classified and if told you I'd have to make you go away......It works good though. Never had a problem....

Cheers,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.