75 Force shift carrier screw..DUH!!!!

Jenason

Seaman Apprentice
Hi again...well i did the stupid thing today..yes i remover the shofter screw thinking it was the drain.. Anyway i removed the lower unit for an impellor change and was able to get the screw back in..NOW the shift is working(Locking) in forward/reverse and neutral..Did I get lucky or is there a way this will still work and bind up later...

thanks

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 75 Force shift carrier screw..DUH!!!!

You were lucky! If it shifts OK then you're good to go. If it was not installed properly, it would not work at all. It either works or doesn't work. No in between.

john from md

Commander

If you didn't move the linkage around, you can get the shift pivot screw in with no problem. As long as the prop is locking up both ways it is safe to assume that the lever didn't move.

John

Jenason

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks and......why are'nt you guys out on the boat...oh wait you probably have wireless out there...lol

thanks

john from md

Commander

I would love to be on the boat but my number 2 cylinder bent the reed valves and now I'm waiting on parts. :(

Then again, there are the gale and tornado warnings we have been having lately. Maybe I stay on shore for a while. :eek:

John