Yama Enduro 15hp 2 stroke

t0r

Cadet
hello guys..

so here goes...

today i went to the beach with my boat..it was nice..we went to a lot of beaches etc etc..

while the day was coming to its end and time to go home arrived,we went back in..suddenly when i give full gas,it seems like the engine spins out..so when i give a little gas to goes forward slowly, and when i give full gas the engine goes like into a "rev",it "spins out" into an "emptyness" ...its kind of if you give full gas in neutral..something like that..very weird...so we went in very slowly..

what could this be? a friend of mine said spark plugs,or gear oil? what could it be?

thanks!

gss036

Commander
Re: Yama Enduro 15hp 2 stroke

Spun hub in the propeller. Put a mark across the hub/prop and run it, if it moves then you know it is the hub. Take your prop to a repair shop for a fix.

t0r

Cadet

hmm.. i dont really get it?
put a mark across the hub/prop ? how and where?

sorry...im new to "the boating world"

robert graham

Admiral

the prop is made in 3 parts, the inner hub with the splines on it, the outer propeller part with the blades on it , and the inner rubber part that holds the 2 metal parts together. your rubber part has failed and the prop is not turning enough to move the boat...like a clutch on a car that's warn out and the car won't go anymore. there's "prop shops" around that can repair it or you could buy a new prop...maybe $50, more or less. Good Luck!

t0r

Cadet

wow..they sell them for yamaha $200 here.. :S :S :S

I'm looking on iboats.com here itself
and i see aluminum and stainles steel...aluminum will do just fine right?