1984 yamaha 150 Starving for gas RODBOLT PLZ?

donnydodad

Cadet
Ok this 16 skeeter has been out 2 time so far,,i clear coated this entire boat this past winter..1st time out boat at half trottle runs all day,WOT pump bulb collapises and starves egine, let off gas and bulb fills back up while driving mid speed,,Cleaned screen at tip of fuel pick up line ,,had big ball of trash ! 2nd time out same thing at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE collapes prime bulb , but this time it doesn"t re inflate bulb while crusing mid speed,,ALL LINE BLOWED THROUGH , see through fuel filter under hood cleaned and changed, i am taking this boat out in the morning with a few tools and new prime bulb installed and some spare fuel line, also screen in tank has been removed, Clear coat was sprayed over entire boat and bulb / fuel lines , but no leaks! Any ideas what to try and what i should look for ? Thank you

donnydodad

Cadet
Re: 1984 yamaha 150 Starving for gas (RODBOLT PLZ?)

Re: 1984 yamaha 150 Starving for gas (RODBOLT PLZ?)

Rodbolt can you help me with this problem ? PlZ and thank you?!

xhunter911

Cadet
Re: 1984 yamaha 150 Starving for gas RODBOLT PLZ?

I am having the same problem as you!
The prime ball keeps deflating after running at full throttle for a while!
I wanted to see if it was an issue with the motor, so I decided to try an external 6 gallon tank! The engine ran fine and never missed a beat... I hooked back up to the onboard tank and bam! The problem started again!!!!
I also have a 1994 Yamaha engine.... I hope someone has seen this happen before so we can get the problem solved....

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer

check from the primer ball to tank for restrictions
1) clogged fuel/water separator filter.
2) clogged anti-siphon valve at tank.
3) clogged fuel pickup in tank
4) restricted vent line. try running with gas cap off to isolate. maybe you left tape on the vent hole when clear coating?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ill condense it, you have a restriction between the primer and the liquid level in your tank. find it before you lean out and pop a piston.

donnydodad

Cadet

Yes thank you both very much it was pick-up tube going around and around while screwing the threaded 90 angle fitting back into the tank! Thus causing the hose to crimp and then WOT calapse it the rest of the way, inturn starving it for Fuel at WOT.....Woot Woot ,,, Running circles around the compution on table rock lake here in missouri..Thanks again guys...