New boat owner

jittery

Recruit
Hey all,
I purchased a 1968 Starcraft boat that has a 120h.p. Mercruiser last spring (2008). It would not start last year and I got busy working so I had to forget about it until this spring. I decided to tune the boat up and get it running. I took the boat back to the shop where I bought the boat, " It needs a new ignition switch.", o.k.. Well, come to find out, the boat has to be winterized. That would have been very helpful information when I bought it. Anyway, long story short, can anyone tell me how to put the top up. It zips together but doesn't seem to stretch enough to cover the boat when up. This is my first boat, and I know nothing. Thanks Bob Friebus

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: New boat owner

Welcome Aboard Jittery!
Nice another Starcraft!!!!! You'll be hearing from a bunch of the regular SC owners on here..(Bob_VT..Add another to the armada!) What model do you have? Mine is a 68 Holiday..Pic is my avatar..

Do you have any pics of this enclosure?
Is it possible that the shop said De-winterized?
That is when a motor is drained for the winter to keep fluids from freezing and damaging the motor..Where are ya located?
Pics, did I mention pics??

p.s. PICS

jittery

Recruit

Hey thanks for the welcome. I don't know the model, where would I find?

jittery

Recruit

Cheap,
the reason I know winterize is because I have a huge crack in my manifold and block now. Again, would have been GREAT information to have last fall.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hey thanks for the welcome. I don't know the model, where would I find?

Post a pic and we should be able to ID her for ya..

Cheap,
the reason I know winterize is because I have a huge crack in my manifold and block now. Again, would have been GREAT information to have last fall.

Ouch man..That sux..You are really looking at a new motor now..