Recruit
need female fishing partner
must be patient
understanding
own boat and motor-------if interested please send piicture of boat and motor

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: wanted female fishing partner

My great grandfather told that one to my grandfather.
My grandfather was born in 1879

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

amazing..how something that freekin old is reborn every other generation or so...

It will be just as old when I hear it again in 20 years, God Willing..lol

But..
Lanswe..Welcome Aboard!
Ya know what a fisherman is?
A jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other....There's one for your time capsule

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

if she owns a liquer store even better!

NW Redneck

Chief Petty Officer

A fisherman is a man who sits aroud in his boat all day and drinks beer, because his wife won't let him do it at home.

An oldie but a goodie. :D

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This does raise an interesting topic though. Maybe iBoats should start a dating service. iBoatHarmony.com. Check potential dates for 24 points of boating/fishing compatability before wasting time on a date who only wants to hang out on the dock with her lap dog.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

mechanical certification is a plus, too. Find one that can do your link 'n sinc on the water while you fish.

jambon1

Cadet

Wanted: Female to go out on the water with and then come home smelling like fish!:eek::eek:

GT23

Recruit

Well I can't help you with the fishing partner but all I know to do is keep looking. As for the one's on here that have a problem with fishermen, I don't understand. There's a lake not too far from me that I would like to fish in more but always have problems with "Boaters." I've tried to give them respect and very rarely get it back. I give them their room since apparently they own the lake since they live on it and have their big fancy boats and all I have is a jon boat. It seems that instead of respecting someone that's fishing by slowing down when they pass they speed up to see if they can knock them off the boat, I keep my mouth closed because I don't want to hear about how it's my fault. It's not just me that feels like this aroud here but there are plenty of others that I have talked to and they've had the same experiences. The "Boaters" even tried to pass a law last year that you coldn't be on the lake during the weekend unless you lived on it, it did't get passed but even if it did I wouldn't care because you won't see me back there again. So, to me it's not the fishermen that cause problems with "Boaters" but the "Boaters" that cause problems with fishermen. I may be completely wrong about this but my mind is made up until I have some better experiences. If this causes me to be kicked off the site so be it.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

It seems that instead of respecting someone that's fishing by slowing down when they pass they speed up to see if they can knock them off the boat

That is illegal. Why not take a day and video some boats doing that, then radio them in to the DNR. I recall others on here complaining about the same thing, sometimes even while in a canoe! Talk about causing a dangerous situation. I think boaters who intentionally try to swamp people should be charged with reckless endangerment, personally. I wouldn't be surprised if that;s exactly what they get charged with.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well I can't help you with the fishing partner but all I know to do is keep looking. As for the one's on here that have a problem with fishermen, I don't understand. There's a lake not too far from me that I would like to fish in more but always have problems with "Boaters." I've tried to give them respect and very rarely get it back. I give them their room since apparently they own the lake since they live on it and have their big fancy boats and all I have is a jon boat. It seems that instead of respecting someone that's fishing by slowing down when they pass they speed up to see if they can knock them off the boat, I keep my mouth closed because I don't want to hear about how it's my fault. It's not just me that feels like this aroud here but there are plenty of others that I have talked to and they've had the same experiences. The "Boaters" even tried to pass a law last year that you coldn't be on the lake during the weekend unless you lived on it, it did't get passed but even if it did I wouldn't care because you won't see me back there again. So, to me it's not the fishermen that cause problems with "Boaters" but the "Boaters" that cause problems with fishermen. I may be completely wrong about this but my mind is made up until I have some better experiences. If this causes me to be kicked off the site so be it.

Wow..where did all THAT come from? Please sit on the couch...Tell me about your childhood....

I hope it wasn't in reference to my "Jerk on one end, waiting for a jerk on the other" joke...It was simply one of the oldest jokes I knew at the moment...

I am a bona fide die hard fisherman, have been for over 25 years, all saltwater in SoCal when I lived there chasing down albacores, big eyes, yellowfin, dorado, yellowtail..You name it and I've caught it (no STD jokes guys:eek:)

Now that I live in Florida (Home of the IGFA mind you) I do not get out much, but you cut me and I'll bleed 50 lb mono!

With all that being said..
IF my joke offended you..well..BITE ME..No, kidding about that..I am sorry if it did.

GT23

Recruit

I think boaters who intentionally try to swamp people should be charged with reckless endangerment, personally.

I think they should be charged the first time and then have their boat impounded there after. It is a dangerous thing but they don't seem to care. As far as calling it in on them, it didn't do any good when me and a buddy were out on his bass boat last year. We were told that something would be said but I guess they didn't say anything or the boater doesn't care because he's still an *****hole when he's on the water. Most of the people who live on the lake are hoyty toyty types that think since they have money the law doesn't apply to them or others safety doesn't matter. The lake is going down hill right now, has been for the past few years, so I guess I'm not really missing much. But, as for now, I'll take my little jon to another lake that's the same distance and has very few boaters if any.

drpeeb

Cadet

It seems that instead of respecting someone that's fishing by slowing down when they pass they speed up to see if they can knock them off the boat ...

Once on a plane, boats make a smaller wake the faster they go. Of course they get louder, too ...

... I'd guess you're hearing engines get louder & interpreting that to mean they're being SOB's, when in fact they're making their wake smaller.

At 60 mph my wake is almost nothing.

My biggest wake is when I'm plowing at about 20 mph, right between wake & no wake. I'd bet you'd be pleased if I was getting close to you at 35 and you heard me slow to 25 ... but in reality my wake would be much bigger.

Fish food for thought.

GT23

Recruit

I get what your'e talking about, drpeeb, but if you were out and seen a jon boat wouldn't you try and give plenty of room for your wake? That's one thing they won't do regardless of their speed. Yeah I do hear the engines but I also seem them running fairly close. I have a son who's 9 and has wanted me to take him but I feel likes it not a great idea to take him with that kind of stuuf going on. Right now I take him in the boat to a few big ponds and the other lake I mentioned but he wants me to take him to big lake and I can't get him to understand I can't because of some idiots.

GT23

Recruit

CheapboatKev, your joke didn't offend me it's just I have seen and heard plenty of things about fishermen been troublesome and that just happenend to remind me. I understand that not all boaters are bad but as for the ones I've met so far, I can't tell.

drpeeb

Cadet

I get what your'e talking about, drpeeb, but if you were out and seen a jon boat wouldn't you try and give plenty of room for your wake? That's one thing they won't do regardless of their speed. Yeah I do hear the engines but I also seem them running fairly close. I have a son who's 9 and has wanted me to take him but I feel likes it not a great idea to take him with that kind of stuuf going on. Right now I take him in the boat to a few big ponds and the other lake I mentioned but he wants me to take him to big lake and I can't get him to understand I can't because of some idiots.

Yes, I do try to give plenty of room, amongst all size boats, not just jon boats & canoes. I guess it comes down to a sharing thing, & being reasonable, & not everybody shares fairly or even knows what "reasonable" means. I boat on a river where jon boats & canoes stay sort of close to the edge, so speeding out in the middle is very reasonable, & nobody seems to get upset. Unfortunately not everybody has enough water for that.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

CheapboatKev, your joke didn't offend me it's just I have seen and heard plenty of things about fishermen been troublesome and that just happenend to remind me. I understand that not all boaters are bad but as for the ones I've met so far, I can't tell.

Thats insane! Who cant LOVE a fisherman???? Thats too bad ya hafta stop going to a lake that you enjoy (enjoyed, past tense)

You have a boat, your a boater too..I think if ya cant fish from a boat it aint worth having!!!

A fisherman fishing off a jetski..well there may be a double wammy! lol:eek:
Your hoyt-ee toyt-ee (man I have NEVER spelled THAT before!) yacht club would simply shoot em on sight!

Jeep Man

Commander

GT23, you gotta lighten up. I don't read all threads after coming home from work, just the light ones. Kev's thread was old but funny, and I'd expect even funnier and newer responses. Heavy threads are for later, when I've had a beer and food and time to reflect. Do you have a legitimate beef? ABSOLUTELY....but you need to start your own thread and not hijack someone elses.