after buffing

splitshot

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just got through wet sanding my 1988 19' center console by hand :eek: :eek: and it hurts to type..but i have one side buffed out and it looks amazing, just like the day it was new :)...i do have one question what do i put on next something to seal it like wax ?? does it have to be marine or will automotive work ?? thanks Jason

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: after buffing

You just got finished sanding a 19' boat by hand, after all that hard work I would put the marine wax/polish with the UV protection.

splitshot

Petty Officer 1st Class

i was thinking the same thing when i was typing it...might as well do it right the first time....thanks Jason

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

i was thinking the same thing when i was typing it...might as well do it right the first time....thanks Jason
I've been doing a whole lot of sanding lately also but with a orbit sander, trying to get mine ready for paint. I was going to use some cheap paint to paint her with, then I thought about how much work I've put into sanding and went ahead a bought two quarts of high quality marine paint. In fact they just arrived UPS today, I'm happy with my choice to do so and so will you. :cool:

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

I had a similar experience with sanding and buffing - was shocked when I saw how good it looked. Just keep it covered in a high quality marine wax to help prevent further oxidation, and enjoy it!