125 force that will not start

rsmith8209

Recruit
i have a 125 force that has a new moter ans was running fine untell i try to start it this year !! now it just click when i try to start ant the trim switch will not work up or down !! it has a new bat that i just put in !!!! i need help thank you

tjello327

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 125 force that will not start

See if you can turn the engine over by hand (the right direction) to rule out the engine being seized. Sometimes even new batteries will need to be checked to make sure you have a good 12 volts in them, you may have to put in on a charger to get full charge in it. It sounds like low voltage to me.

chitownborn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check your battery connections from battery up to the motor also check all your grounds, make sure ground at motor is clean and tight and cables are in good shape good luck don

rsmith8209

Recruit

See if you can turn the engine over by hand (the right direction) to rule out the engine being seized. Sometimes even new batteries will need to be checked to make sure you have a good 12 volts in them, you may have to put in on a charger to get full charge in it. It sounds like low voltage to me.

I just put a new SOLENOID on it and put another new bat in it today & checks & clean all the grownds & hot wires but it still just cicks but when i cross the 2 hots on the solenois it will start the boat!! i have check out "" EVERYTHING ""i cant think of what ealse to check out now !! Like i said the boat ran great last year & no one has touch it untell i tryed to start it this year !! Thank you for your help PS the trim moter works up and down if i use a wire to cross it but other wise it will not work

rsmith8209

Recruit

check your battery connections from battery up to the motor also check all your grounds, make sure ground at motor is clean and tight and cables are in good shape good luck don

thanks i did check all that a more !!!!!

81 beachcomber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

check the neutral safety switch and make sure the shift cables are depressing it. On my motor sometimes i need to move the shifter back and forth untill in is in neutral and depressing the switch. This is what it sounds like to me.

Its located just under the shift cables at the front of the motor, also check the connections of the wires running to it (yellow wires i believe).

rsmith8209

Recruit

Thanks everyone for you help ! it turns out that the new pary i bought was bad so i boughe a new :)