1990 evinrude 25 hp carb removal

bhuffstutter

Cadet
Does anyone have any good tips on how to remove the carb on my 25 hp evinrude with electric start. I can't seem to figure out the best way to remove the bolt behind the starter. I've tried to take the starter off but can't figure that out either. Am I and idiot or what?? Any help would be appreciated...

thebrain

Banned
Re: 1990 evinrude 25 hp carb removal

I wanting to clean this exact same carb.

How did you get the carb. off?

my boat has'nt been started in about 4 years.maybe I could just spary carb. cleaner in it?

images would be good.

Thanks

solbok

Cadet

How did you get it off? I am looking to do the same thing with my '86 20hp and I'm having difficulty getting the starter off in order to get at that bolt holding the carb. How many bolts are there holding the starter? I can't seem to budge it. arghhh:mad:

solbok

Cadet

I got frustrated, and took it in to the shop to have the carb cleaned. I'm still having the same problem though, (bogs down under load...if i back off the throttle and baby it up it works ok) I don't think the carb was ever removed by the mechanic. I have a feeling it never got cleaned properly. I'd love to install a new carb kit, but still can't figure our how to get it off. Anyone else figure this one out?

Thanks!

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I think what might be needed here is a good old OMC factory service manual. I've had lots of them off and the trick is to get the starter mtr and bracket off first to get at that nut on the port side which holds the carb on. The starter mtr comes along with the bracket.

poppop56

Recruit

u must remove starter first.this pretty simple to do. 1 bolt in front-couple on side.