Sharkskin covers

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought a shark skin cover yesterday. It should be shipped soon. Does anybody have these covers. Mine will be on he boat most of the time due to the boat no being in the garage. I wanted sunbrella but could not pony up 6 bills right now

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Sharkskin covers

I have owned 2 of them.Great covers for the money.
For winter storage i put the Sharkskin on then one of the big silver tarps over it.
I use 2 of the support poles under them.
We don't get much snow here so weight is not an issue.

The silver poly tarp is waterproof and it really works good and prolongs the life of the Sharkskin.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

This is it the day i got it. Its a semi custom cover.It was not pulled tight yet and no support poles but fit pretty good.
017.jpg

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I had planned on getting a tarp to cover the boat including the sides. I just want the boat to be able to breath, but it is dry anyway so this should not be an issue.

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks good. I should be recieving mine next week from Iboats. got it for $160 pretty good price for five year waranty

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

It actually fits better now after it aged a little.Kind of like it shrunk to the boat?
The summer i just use it without the poly tarp.It has faded some but still beads the water.

A good tip,I use that pipe insulation type stuff thats made for water pipes or AC lines.
Cut a piece that fits over the top edge of the windshield to keep it from rubbing or tearing the cover...it has worked great.

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is a good idea I need to get some for my bimini top so it does not knock aginst the window frame when fully opened. The top of my window is rounded so the wear on the cover will not be to bad until I get a protector for it. How long does you cover last, it gets 100+ here in the summer and I am hoping to get 5 years out of it. I guess if it doesent last that long the warranty will cover it as long as the problem is not my fault.

jeffnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm sure happy with mine. My Sharkskin is 7 years old and needs no supports. It was only last year that I put up the boat port...the boat was outside all the time before then.
IMG_0399.jpg

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Mine was outside the last 2 summers with many days of 100* temps.
It gets full sun most of the day too.
So far other than the color fading a little it has done really good.

Mine still gets air with the poly tarp because its open a little in the stearn around the outboard motor.
I have never had any mildew problems. A bucket of Damp-Rid from Walmart is a good idea too..

kkr26

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will get some damp rid before I put her to bed for the winter