oops..think i messed up earlier on my winterizing or did i?

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class
read and watched several videos on youtube bought all products needed and did it correct but i dunno if i fogged the engine correctly or not...

i stated the engine let it run and flush out really good and get up to temp then closed the gas valve..

took flame arrestor off and sprayed stail bil fogging oil into the carb....thing is I think I sprayed the fogging oil into the wrong section of the carb after watching a vid a min ago!

my engine is a mercruiser 260hp 350....standing INFRONT of the engine I sprayed the oil into the butterfly flap thats towards the front of the carb (narrow flap)...on the video they sprayed the oil into the BIGGER flaps towards the back of the carb.....

which is correct and did i hurt anything by doing what i did!?

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: oops..think i messed up earlier on my winterizing or did i?

did i explain it well enough or no?

i sprayed it into the one piece narrow flap towards the front of the carb instead of the back larger ones....

Uraijit

Banned

You sprayed it into the right ones. The larger ones on the back are your "secondaries". They don't even open until the engine is it pretty high revs.

Did you shut off the fuel, and run the bowls dry while fogging?

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok cool deal! so the guys in the video did it wrong lol..sounds like i lucked out bc i didn't really think about it until i did it.

and yes i shut the valve off and ran it until it was getting low on fuel then started fogging and fogged it down until it shut off.

woosterken

Lieutenant

cool, where did you find the videos on you tube?

woosterken