changing leg oil

toomenator

Recruit
i have a 1991 merc 150 outboard should there be a plug in the vent hole on the lower leg? e

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: changing leg oil

You should have one screw, drain (magnetic) in the bottom of the gear housing and one screw, grease filler, at the top, near the front of the housing, just above the level of the cav plate..... It may have the word "VENT" cast into the housing next to the hole...

Chris..........

PlayDoh

Seaman Apprentice

I want to change this oil, since I just found out about it. I seen on TV this guy had a jug of oil with a hand pump on the cap. He said to fill it from the bottom plug till it reached the top hole.

What oil do you use, and how do you pump it in? I have a merc 500 1963, if that matters any.

Thanks

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I want to change this oil, since I just found out about it. I seen on TV this guy had a jug of oil with a hand pump on the cap. He said to fill it from the bottom plug till it reached the top hole.

What oil do you use, and how do you pump it in? I have a merc 500 1963, if that matters any.

Thanks

Please don't hi-jack someone else's thread... Start your own....

Chris........

PlayDoh

Seaman Apprentice

seemed to me like you already answered his question, but thanks anyway for taking the time.