hi guys back again

Benny1963

Lieutenant
running a 21 pitch stinless in bad shape no cupping blades thin
on 17 ft mckee basicaly whaler clasic style 175 evi crossflow running exec
tanked tuned and timed at 5500 by very good crossflow guy im running 4500
rpm at 41mph hull is dry but i dont know the weight ,i cant trim up
to get my rpms up they want to climb but i get bow hop with plenty of trim left ,should i put smart tabs on it ,the cav plate is flush with bottom of transom .or should i pick my motor up a couple of hole and run it .or should
t ry a manual jack plate and set the motor back 4inches .how will the set back effect my hull design with the large motor .any suggestions as were to start.
thanks bennyb

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: hi guys back again

Really can't tell much with a bad prop get the prop repaired and try again.
very basically your missing about 1,000 rpm if prop was good you would need a 5" pitch reduction That seems extreme to me on a 17ft 175 hp boat.
You may need a prop designed for max bow lift.Unless someone has personal experience with your setup its difficult to suggest something without specs with a good prop.

72SideWinderSS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Benny,
I agree with Steelspike.
If it where me, I would raise the motor two holes up, put your four blade 19" pitch on and retest.
Keep an eye on your water pressure.

I await your reply.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

tahnks guys im going to do just that but will be adding manual jack plate with 6 inches of set back ,its all i could afford used ,so i can move motor up and watch water pressure , then come the tabs [lol thanks
side winder i pm ya the zip code but i know shipping is high around here
and also around here you can give drossflow stuff away
i have some gt heads if ya want im