idle adjustment 48 hp

MALECKY

Cadet
I Have One Dumb Question ! You Have Been Great And Helped Me Get This Running Great !! Mr Moderator With The Same Motor As Mine Can You Tell Me Where To Set Idle Higher Rpm As The Motor Now Will Not Idle For More Than 30-45 Seconds Then Dies And I Have To Use Choke To Restart ??!! Do I Have Some Other Problem Or Just Need A Higher Idle ?? This Only Happens When I Go To Dock After Running 1-2 Hours @ 2000 To 2500 Rpm Then Go Home And Have To Be Very Care Ful Not To Hit Dock As Motor Dies At Lowest Speed !! WHERE IS IDLE ADJUST SCREW ? OR IS THERE ONE ?

Thanks Again !
Ps. Put On New Fuel Pump And Plugs From Advice On Myprevious Post And Was Running Great And Still Is But, Start And Idle Are
Rough !! Joe 8/22

MALECKY

Cadet
Re: idle adjustment 48 hp

hi sorry i didn't give info !! EVINRUDE 1992 MOD # E48ESLEN 48 HP

THANKS JOE 8/23

5150abf

Vice Admiral

That motor has fixxed jets that can't be adjusted.

There are 3 sets of jets in the motor,idle-mid and high speed, if your idle jets are plugged the motor will run fine everywhere but at idle.

If it used to idle and either all of a sudden stopped or slowly got worrse I would look at cleaning the idle jets.

If you don't have one get a OEM manual(not Seloc or Clymers) here at iboats or Ebay and it goes through that in great detail.

I am not familiar with your particular motor so I cna't say where they are btu I would think that is your problem.

MALECKY

Cadet

Thanks So Much !! I Will Do As You Say And See If Idle Improves
Thanks Again For Taking Time To Reply Joe 8/23