odd boat / tow vehicle combos?

Shizzy

Ensign
does anyone see odd tow vehicle / boat combos?

I think I have a pretty well matched combo. A used ford ranger pulling a small aluminum fishing boat. cheap small truck, cheap small boat.

today I noticed the guy that owns the shop across the parking lot from my work (who owns at least 10 cars n trucks, Ferrari and Lambo included) pull up in his very new looking Escalade pulling a little 14' Aluminum boat identical to mine. looked kind of odd seeing a 50k truck pulling a $700 boat. :confused:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: odd boat / tow vehicle combos?

That's a lot better combo than a $700 vehicle trying to pull a $50K boat. :)

bekosh

Lieutenant

Last week I saw a Ford F350 Crew Cab Longbed Dually 4x4 diesel with a 8" lift, towing a little 12-14' Aluminum boat with a 5hp Merc. Talk about overkill. He should of just thrown it in the bed and saved the trailer tires.:D

BMOLCHANY

Petty Officer 1st Class

When I was pulling out from the shop the other day I passed a little Chevy Aveo pulling what looked to be a 24 ft pontoon. He was a low rider wether he wanted to be or not.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Lately, seeing MY boat behind my truck is an oddity.:(

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

... saw a Suzuki Samuari pulling a 15ft bow rider out of Bartlett few years back.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

F350 Supper Duty Dbl Cab dully w/8' bed pulling a single jet sky on a single position trailer...........:eek::eek::confused::confused:..............on a regular basis...........

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

F350 Supper Duty Dbl Cab dully w/8' bed pulling a single jet sky on a single position trailer

.. well you have to take into account that gas tank was prolly full on the jet ski :)

f_inscreenname

Commander

Talk about overkill.:D

16274823ll1.jpg

90726363ba7.jpg

Pony

Rear Admiral

I had a neighbor that used to pull a 20ft SeaRay behind a 1985 Camero. I cannot even begin to describe how much of an angle that boat was towed at. The trailer tires were bigger than the car's to begin with and then take into consideration the suspension on that car and how low the hitch was under an already low bumper. He ended up buying a tilt trailer......which he towed with the pin out to decrease the tow angle.

waterinthefuel

Commander

In my own defense, I've had to use a Chevy 350 dually to pull a single jet ski on a single jet ski trailer. Why? Because we keep it at our camp and we had a mechanical problem that necessitated pulling it back home. We had made the trip in the dually so thats what we used to pull it home.

heycods

Captain

As long as I am launching on the not so steep ramps here, I sometimes launch my 24' pontoon with my wifes ford ranger.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

not a boat but i see a tour bus size motor home towing a H1 hummer:eek: talk having to much money