lost boat part

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I bumped the ramp wall on the way onto the trailer two days ago and that plate at the back that joins the transom to the side fell off and sank. I've tired dragging the bottom for two days now and can't manage to scoop it. It's a 1993 Tracker Deep V 17. I called Tracker and they won't send me anything to Canada. The Tracker dealers up here say they can't order any parts pre-1998. Does anyone know where I could get me one of these? And what are they called? Thanks

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: lost boat part

where are you and post a pic please?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you have answers in your other post. double posting is not appreciated.

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I read the posts in the other spot. I figured I'd repost here with the new info that i couldn't get the part up here in Canada. I'll post a pic soon.

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: lost boat part with pics

Re: lost boat part with pics

Ok here are the pics. The first pic is of the plate on the starboard side.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/sterios/backplate.jpg

The next pic is of the port side with the plate missing.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/sterios/backplate2.jpg

Does anyone know what this is called so I can try and find one?
I'm in Toronto, Canada. Tracker marine sais they won't deliver to Canada and the marine dealers up here say they can't order anything past 1998. Thanks

tcindie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Seems odd that a manufacturer won't ship a part to Canada...

Would you be able to order it and have it shipped to someone in the States? If so you could do that and then have that person ship it to you.. it's kind of a round about way to go, but sounds like it might be your best option.

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you know where you knocked it off why don't you just get a mask and fins instead of dragging the bottom. Can't be that deep :confused:

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm going to try the sister in law in California to order me the part.
The reason I don't go diving for the part is the location. It's on Lake Ontario about 300 yards from the crap processing plant. Every few days there is a nice long streak of crap coming out of that plant that circles around this ramp. The ramp itself is covered in used female products and condoms. Not a pleasant site to look at let alone dive into. It's only in about 8 feet of water. I'm going to try a metal detector on tues to see if I can at least mark the spot. If I can mark it I'll concentrate on that area with the nets. I'm hoping it fell off right where it hit about a foot from the wall.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

****ty.....thats an aluminium part so a magnet wont work......get out the long handled nets and under water video camera

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Or give some kid at the dock $20. to find it.:D

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I borrowed an under water camera and after a few days of looking I actually found the part! Took a few trys with the big muskie net but I managed to grab it. Put it back on the boat with ten rivets. That should hold it. I think i'm going to attatch a cable to both sides for extra protection in case I ram another wall! Thanks for all the tips.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

good for you bud..... i hope you sterilized it before you touched it !

tcindie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That sounds like an incredibly disgusting area... I doubt I would use that boat launch. yuck.

cmchesse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When he says he has a crappy day at the boat ramp, he means it!

reelfishin

Captain

Glad to see you found the part.

Why is that they always put boat ramps right next to the sewage treatment plants? We have three rivers here and all have the public ramps right near the sewage overflow pipes. Not only is it disgusting, it stains the boat if you don't clean it well right away. The part I really can't figure out is why people fish right off the end of the outlet pipe as if it were a pier, then keep what they catch.
I've even seen kids swimming there, down stream to boot.
The catfish and carp do really well there. It's not as bad here as it used to be, they used dump raw sewage when storm runoff got too bad. There's no odor, but I still wouldn't swim there.

steriosm88

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah it's a pretty crappy place to launc but it has six concrete ramps and parking is free all day till 5 pm. It's a good access point to get onto Lake Ontario for the salmon fishing derby. It's only 10 minutes from home to boot! All the money i'm saving on truck gas can go into the boat for fishing!

reelfishin

Captain

I'm glad I read your post, I just happened to check the corner plates on my Duranautic today and found one missing all but three screws and ready to fall off. It must have gotten bumped pretty hard sometime in it's life because all of the screws that remained were bent. I put 12 new stainless screws in both end caps corner plates and since I had them both off, I decided to replace the transom wood while I was there. A fresh epoxy and glass laminated transom will be a good improvement and one less thing to be concerned with.