Hot Water In The Bottom Of My 1994 Bayliner Jazz Jet Boat

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hot Water In The Bottom Of My 1994 Bayliner Jazz Jet Boat

took the boat to a guy who fixes jet boat engines in his backyard.

We had a guy like that in my neighbourhood...till by-law officier/neighbours and my wife pointed out the error of my ways.

There is rubber hose used for natural gas hot water heater vents that works well if the mechanic finds the merc hose isn't available. It is used to connect the tank flange to rigid plastic pipe that carries the exhaust fumes out of house-good stuff for this ap.

marine4003

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Have you ever worked on a boat? :confused:

Most (I say most because some engineer was retarded enough not to include one) jet drive crafts include a fresh water hook up to flush the engine of raw water.

Gee, i guess your smarter than i am.please excuse my ignorance,oh wise one.

kmartin

Cadet

Hey Guys,

Sorry to keep you hanging so long. I got my boat back from the backyard repair shop week before last on Saturday and still haven't gotten a chance to see if the leak has stopped. Life has been getting in the way of my lake time. The mechanic confirmed that the clamp was bad on the exhaust boot and the bildge pump was not working. So he put me in a new pump and new clamp. He also checked the blower which was okay. I noticed when I unhooked the trailer from the car that the wireing for the lights were niped in a couple of places, so I asked the guy to fix it. Turns out I needed new trailer lights as well. Oh, and he put air in the trailer tires too!!! The cost of these repairs were $178 and change. I really expected it to be more, so I was happy as I could be with the price. And it took him two weeks to get it fixed. Two weeks I could have been out on the lake, but you know,_____ happens!!! If I ever get back to the lake again before it get too cold, I'll update you on the status of the engine.

Karen

Hitech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hope that fixes the problem (it sounds like it will). And $178 is cheap. :D