1987 Merc 115 inline 4 parts inquiry

87Merc115

Cadet
I have a messed up something. It almost appears to be some kind of primer, it has a small hole on the side, and a plastic button on top which I am able to press. The problem is the diaphragm on the inside has dry rotted and leaks gas like a cut artery the part number is 14087-c at least that's what it says on the side. Also having issues with the motor idling. The motor sat for 4 1/2 years. I just rebuilt the carbs so there are no more leaks there. I also have to get the motor pulling water again but that's another weekend. Any help will to assist me in getting this motor to come to life again will be most appreciated.

87Merc115

Cadet
Re: 1987 Merc 115 inline 4 parts inquiry

Thank you for the parts help. I also have a cold foul issue, and was wondering were a good place to start would be. The thing is it ran fine yesterday then died. Would not start again. Checked all the plugs and found the cold foul. Not sure were to go from here. My book says to check the coils, but I don't think that this is an issue due to the motor running before. Would this part you showed me be the culprit. Not quite sure what a fuel accelerator pump does. But I have done work on these motors in the past. Again thank you for the help.

Laddies

Banned
Re: 1987 Merc 115 inline 4 parts inquiry

If the accerator pump is leaking that could very well be the other problem also.