low oil level in engine tank-1999 Yamaha 150hp Precision Blend

CaptTonyT

Recruit
What is best way to test that oil from remote oil tank to engine oil tank is flowing ? Is simply detaching hose from remote oil tank into engine oil tank at engine tank end, running engine and checking for flow a sufficient test?

bonitoman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: low oil level in engine tank-1999 Yamaha 150hp Precision Blend

Hi Tony, I know that Rodbolt will know how to test that. On the Omc engines you would draw a line on the oil res. and run your engine. If the oil dropped below the mark then you know that it was pumping oil. Yamahas have the best oil injection systems.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

easiest way is to cut the tie strap and remove the vynil water trap. drain the oil into a suitable container, reinstall the water trap.
then turn the key on. it should give an audible the start the transfer. audilbe should quit about the low level line and the tank should refill in less than 180 seconds.

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

rodbolt, I wonder if there is a Yamaha problem that you have not heard of?? might think up something and try to trick you! you have a big following, and are mentioned now and again over here in Australia, I think you should do a tour like a pop star!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

noelm
most likly.
however my motto is I have solutions to problems you dont have yet.
I have done this gig since I was 15 for ford,chevy,mercury,mariner,mercruiser,volvo penta,honda,tohatsu and yamaha with a 6 year break to program and set up CNC lathes and mills and a 6 year break as an FC in the USN.
Yamaha syas I am a master tech and they posted my picture on their website so I guess it paid off somewhere along the line.
nice thing about the above test is it not only tests the alarm system,does the trap maint,it also checks the remote oil tank filter.
if it wont refill in the 180 second cycle the filter or hose is restricted.
but its also why we get engines that other dealers gave up on and Yamaha sends them to wanchese.
I aint been beat yet.

noelm

hhmm I might just peruse the yamaha website so I can put a face to the miracle worker's name, that wasn't you that was nailed to a cross at Easter was it?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hahahah
you must have been in touch with my Ex wife.
look under service and parts, then under training then under the master tech program.
I am the dummy from wanchese.

noelm

don't wish to hijack this guys post, but I had a look, now I know what you look like, geees you must have still been in Nappies (diapers) when you started out if you had 6 years doing other stuff as well as another 6 year break, either that or you are a very quick learner, anyway, thanks for all the help with various problems and tips during the years, if you ever have a vacation "down under" let me know and I will try to show you around a bit.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

mostly in nappies.
I got my first chiltons manual, briggs,clinton,techumseh,kohler and onan, when i was in the 3rd grade, maye 8 years old.
did not hurt my dad owned an automotive salvage yard.
also started at age 15 doing stupid stuff for a living.
doesnt hurt i have a decent memory, but now i gotta run to the blue crab and kill a few brain cells :).
as i am 46 now it means i have a few years,and beers,under the belt.