OK evinrude 150 ficht wont start NOT BATTERIES

badcummins99

Cadet
Everyone seems to think its my batteries, but when I put my perfectly good truck batteries to it, it still does the same thing. Here are the pictures that may help. In the first picture, the square box in the middle of the screen just continuously clicks. The second picture is of the warning lights that continuously blink. The third picture, if I pull this relay, it stops all the clicking and blinking. That is the only time the motor will roll over, but still will not start. If I leave everything alone and leave the relay in, it won't even roll over.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
Re: OK evinrude 150 ficht wont start NOT BATTERIES

Have you tried a different relay?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Wiggle the throttle lever to make sure the engine is in neutral. You may have a bad or misadjusted neutral interlock switch in the control box.

badcummins99

Cadet

Im taking it in to the dealer$$ not much help here. Thanks to the guys that tryed

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

The FICHT is a different breed of animal, you arent being ignored, just most are unable to properly diagnose them. If you are patient, the right eyes will read your post. If bringing it to a mechanic, be sure they know that you have the FICHT, as they take specialized equipment to diagnose them. Good luck.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

Your oil senser harness has a short or poor ground or the senser itself is shot. pull plugs turn on key as normal. Run hot heavy wire from batt. to starter it should turn over . check for spark. If no spark, It is senser or relay. Which cuts out starting circut. make sure your oil level is up. before this check.

gregr1971

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if you do not have the correct diagnostic equipment (as high trim stated) to work on that engine, you are just spinning your wheels.
I do not recommend running any extra wires or jumping any , you could very easily do more harm than good, FYI. ignition parts for those engines are expensive!

Lone Duck

Wire direct from batt. to starter post bypasses all relays. Only turns starter.

badcummins99

Cadet

It rolled over when i do that but no spark. With the key on samething no spark:mad:

Lone Duck

Then your starting point is your wire harness to relay and oil senser check all grounds. Look for burnt wires. Also check temp senser and relay. Got a shop manuel on it?

boatguy823

Petty Officer 3rd Class

There are any number of things that can cause a electrical no start condition with the ficht, the least being a two dollar fuse the worst being a 1000-1200 dollar emm. I would highly recommend getting an actual oem ficht service manual if you are going to attempt to repair this engine yourself. The manual will give you step by step instructions on how to test for what you have described. It will also tell you how to retrieve any fault codes stored on the emm without the diagnostic software from Bombardier. This may or may not give you a starting point. Diagnostic software also allows testing of the ignition and fuel components but at the very least you will need a decent multi meter and a peak volt meter to conduct electrical tests. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Good luck

badcummins99

Cadet

Ok took this in. When in the shop boat warmed up it starts up when it gets cold below 40 same thing clicking wont start warm it up it starts could this be my emm/ecu no codes I'm stumped:mad: