soft spot in keel because of trailer roller

mspring

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had trouble with my powerhead so my boat was parked and then hurricane Charlie also did a number on my top and seats. I was thinking about junking the boat and then I found this forum. You guys have alot of experience and good info to offer.

I have already got some good advice from you guys on painting and deck repair. Yesterday I was laying under the trailer looking at the keel and I noticed that the last time I trailered the boat I didnt get it centered on the rollers. The keel was resting on the high side of one of the rollers and now there is a soft spot there in the keel:eek: It actually looks like the roller has pushed in the keel:confused: I am in the process of tearing up the deck but havnt made it that far to where I can see the stringer in that area.

Anyone seen this happen before and how do I fix this?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: soft spot in keel because of trailer roller

get a couple of friends and lift and slide the boat over. then see what it does.

mspring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I forgot to say its a fiberglass 20 foot bowrider thats to heavy to lift. Also I have noticed its hard to get anybody to come around now that the boat is being renovated.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Loosen the front strap a couple inches and any other tie downs.You should be able to rock it back into position.I have done it by myself with my 21 footer.;)

mspring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I jacked it up and moved it to the center of the rollers now I am wondering hot to fix it. I guess I need to take a look at the stringer that runs down the middle and see if it has been effected.